Listing Selling a car on Ebay

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
Met this gal who wants to sell her cheap $2500 car, she is not internet friendly and I like to help her out. If I list her car on my Ebay account with a high set price, say $3,500 and her phone number to contact her, about how much $ would it cost me ?

Its not no A body or even a Mopar, just your dime a dozen ride...she needs the money to live on. Its kind of a sad story, if I'm just looking at $20 or so, I will not mind helping her out.

I sold lots of small dollar items on Ebay but never a car or something worth over $500

go to ebay and look at their selling fees, i think they have a set max price they charge so that people can sell high end cars without paying several hundred dollars worth of fees.

Met this gal who wants to sell her cheap $2500 car, she is not internet friendly and I like to help her out. If I list her car on my Ebay account with a high set price, say $3,500 and her phone number to contact her, about how much $ would it cost me ?

Its not no A body or even a Mopar, just your dime a dozen ride...she needs the money to live on. Its kind of a sad story, if I'm just looking at $20 or so, I will not mind helping her out.

I sold lots of small dollar items on Ebay but never a car or something worth over $500

If it hasn't changed it was $125.00 flat fee.

$0.00 Insertion fee
Successful listing fee
- $60.00 where final bid <= 2000
- $125.00 where final bid > 2000

It looks like you can list it on a local eBay for free.
Reach Buyers within 200 miles
$0.00 Insertion fee
No successful listing fee
Upload 24 photos for free

There was a listing fee years ago when I sold cars there and also a completed listing fee on top of it if the car sold. Not sure anymore on listing a car.

Its not so easy to find all the listing fees now

It looks like yeah if it doesn't sell you don't pay but then why not just list a $3,000 car for $8,000 and put your phone number in the listing and wait for calls and pay nothing ?

After 6 listings, then the fee is $50 to list a car, so maybe Ebay covers themselves that way ?

Its not so easy to find all the listing fees now

It looks like yeah if it doesn't sell you don't pay but then why not just list a $3,000 car for $8,000 and put your phone number in the listing and wait for calls and pay nothing ?

After 6 listings, then the fee is $50 to list a car, so maybe Ebay covers themselves that way ?

Did you look at what I posted above? I got that information off eBay by starting a auction on a car. When I got to a spot then it offered me those options. If you click on the blue underlined link it will take you to all the fees.

$0.00 Insertion fee
Successful listing fee
- $60.00 where final bid <= 2000
- $125.00 where final bid > 2000

It looks like you can list it on a local eBay for free.
Reach Buyers within 200 miles
$0.00 Insertion fee
No successful listing fee
Upload 24 photos for free

Yes I did look, thanks but I also tried looking on Ebay motors for the fine print and just found what you seen. It was easier in the past to find listing fees, IMO

Her car is being listed for $4,000 and her phone number posted, I'm taking some photos tomorrow

Thanks everybody

Yes I did look, thanks but I also tried looking on Ebay motors for the fine print and just found what you seen. It was easier in the past to find listing fees, IMO

Her car is being listed for $4,000 and her phone number posted, I'm taking some photos tomorrow

Thanks everybody

Glad to help.

-
Back