Listing wires

-

iw378

Reaction score
I got a set of buckets that I am going to rebuild for my car. Anyways the seats are out of a 69 dart and I deconstructed one of them tonight New stuff from legendary is on the way. In the burlap there is thin gauge wire about an inch apart. Do any of you know if the new burlap has these wires in it ? If not where can I get it from. Looks like I need about 30 of these for each bucket to do it right.

Year One may have that. I know Legendary has it. Some "do it yourselfers" and even some upholstery shops will substitute a scrap of carpet there.

When I redid my seats, I didn't feel like threading all those wires through the burlap. I hog ringed heavy duty canvas that I purchased at Joann Fabric on top of the burlap for reinforcement.

Legendary sell it. But they want 2 bucks a foot for it !! On my seats the are spaced horizontally about every inch. need 15 on the bottom and 20 on the top. Thats 70 bucks for both seats. I'll either reuse mine or do something different.

Those thin little wires woven through the burlap provide a lot of additional support belive it or not and help keep the springs from digging into the foam.

Watch the videos on legendary's website, they omit them.

I put them back.. My rear seat bottom ones were still solid so I re-used them. Marked out 1 inch squares on the back of the new burlap and wove them back in. The front seat tops/ backs were good so I did the same, only they have a larger rounded end and are sewn into a pocket created in the burlap. My wife bent a few needles but got it done nicely. The front seat bottoms were bad and I used some floral wire from hobby lobby that was close to the diameter of the original. Also the wire was wrapped on the ends around some rolled paper substance. I substituded fabric cording from hobby lobby.

Not sure if all that is really needed, but the factory did it for a reason..

In addition there is "Listing Wire" wrapped in paper that gets hog ringed to the springs after the burlap is installed to give the tie points for the listing sleeves that contain the stiff steel rod.

-
Back