Little help needed

-

Sully_PA

Reaction score
I'm going to drop a rebuilt 69' 340 all stock except for a little hotter cam and headers w/727 into my 76' dart soon ..... Is there anything I need to be concerned about with this year dart? I'll be using the Schumacher mounts. I have disc brakes for the front and I'm using an 8.8 with discs for the rear as well...

Plan on a new drive shaft. 727 is longer than the 904. What rear you have makes a difference.

Thanks ....I plan on having the stock drive shaft that came with 727 shortened to fit the 8.8 I have.....I was thinking I read somewhere that some years might need a different oil pan or something because of the steering linkage?...can't seem to find that info now though ....

Thanks ....I plan on having the stock drive shaft that came with 727 shortened to fit the 8.8 I have.....I was thinking I read somewhere that some years might need a different oil pan or something because of the steering linkage?...can't seem to find that info now though ....

that might depend on what the 340 came out of.

The 340 will be fine in there... Build her up and let her rip!!!

Must be thinking about the 360, and its various oil pan variations!! The 340 will go right in, although you do need the correct drivers side motor mount, make sure you alert Schumacher about your K frame and motor combo! Sticking with the spool mounts I gather??

Yep staying with the spool mounts ....ordered the Schumacher Mopar Motor Mount Engine Swap Kit 1973 & Up S6 to 340/360 Kit ....never talked to anyone just ordered online. I guess it could have been the 360 with the pan...I've been reading a lot of threads lately ...

Look at the water pump where the lower hose comes out.
It may be on the opposite side.

That's right! That '69 may have to change a part of two to fit the newer radiator.

-
Back