Little project dad and I are working on!

-

JonmisnerJr.

Reaction score
This was my Uncles car back in the 70's. He bought it off of Edd Twigg. I hear that it is the race car called Fever Teaser II. I guess there were 2 cars that dodge raced in the 70's and this one of them. Needless to say my uncle sold it late 70's and we found it a few years ago. The other owner was going to make it a tube chassis car and stated cutting the front half off. He never finished it luckily and left it sit for 25 years. well we got it back and we are putting it back together. Hope you all enjoy!!!https://picasaweb.google.com/111139516466564472006/69DodgeDartProject?authkey=Gv1sRgCOv92IWE7vHB0AE#

what a neat project! Good luck with it and keep taking pictures of the progress.
are you going to leave the paint/body as is? I vote yes. Bob

that car is bad ***. you should just leave the paint and put a satin clear over it. that is a time capsule from a lost era. if it was me i would try to keep the car as much like it was. keep up the awesome work and keep feeding us pictures. awesome wheel choice also.

Yes, we do plan on keeping the body all original! Not going to touch it at all!Thanks for looking! We are excited to Get this done and cant wait to drive it!

Yes, we do plan on keeping the body all original! Not going to touch it at all!Thanks for looking! We are excited to Get this done and cant wait to drive it!

Awesome, great idea preserving it "as is" :glasses7:

I love reading stories like this one! Keep up the great work and enjoy the car once you get it done, and as always post LOTS of pictures.

It was originally a 340 4 speed. so thats what we plan on putting back in, with some goodies of course.

I think maybe in like 5yrs or so we will bring the paint and body back up to origianl! For now we want to enjoy the looks of nostalgia!!!!

its a good thing you guys got ahold of this car. most of these old race cars are long gone and forgotten. most of the ones that surface end up getting chopped/parted and scrapped.

Thanks. The Ford is dads! Well he has 2 Fords now. 63 Ford Fairlane and a 66 Mustang he is making a pro street with! lots of fun!!!! Need more time and money tho!!

Sweet project and you guys are doing a hell of a job. I have one concern and may be looking at it wrong but looks like you butt welded the frame rails back on. If this is the case you might want to plate or angle iron to keep the engine torque and steering from pulling that weld apart. It would be bad to pull a wheelie and crash down on the front tire and break the frame.

Hey Jon! Car looks to be coming along nicely. Did find a back seat? If you need parts these are the guys to ask. See ya this summer. I went to get the Duster out yesterday and found the fuel pump puking gas out of the top. Have to wait for pay day for a new one.

Hey! Thanks! Ya its coming along pretty good. i wish it was done. LOL. Man that stinks about the fuel pump. hope you get it fixed soon. Stop on buy and take a peek at the dart soon if you want. See ya this summer!!

Not sure if the last link works but that is really cool it's something you and your dad will really treasure. My dad and I did a few project cars and I'll always appreciate his time.

-
Back