Local Guy Needs Parts

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from a local guy with a 65 Barracuda looking for parts. I happen to have multiples of everything he's looking for - center grille only, front bumper, front bumper brackets, all 4 wheel well moldings and driver's side rocker molding. All spare stuff I've accumulated over the last 4 or 5 years to go on my 65 Barracuda when I get to that point. I have 2 complete grilles - L & R and center grille. I kind of hate to separate the center grille from one of my complete sets but guess I can if needed. Most everything is really nice - better than driver quality. My spare bumpers are driver quality or ready for rechrome. Anyway, looking for info on what's all this stuff realistically worth?

Just got a call from a local guy with a 65 Barracuda looking for parts. I happen to have multiples of everything he's looking for - center grille only, front bumper, front bumper brackets, all 4 wheel well moldings and driver's side rocker molding. All spare stuff I've accumulated over the last 4 or 5 years to go on my 65 Barracuda when I get to that point. I have 2 complete grilles - L & R and center grille. I kind of hate to separate the center grille from one of my complete sets but guess I can if needed. Most everything is really nice - better than driver quality. My spare bumpers are driver quality or ready for rechrome. Anyway, looking for info on what's all this stuff realistically worth?

I don't know but I sold mine way to cheap. Now I will need to look for another one.

I would look on eBay at completed auctions to give me some idea at some sort of market value. Since he's local and he can just come and pick it up I would drop the total at least 25% since you won't need to pack it & ship it.

I think you're saving him a lot of time looking for this stuff.

I would also look though the parts classifieds in Hemmings and there is a guy that advertises huge lists of parts on Moparts that may help :salut:

Rickster

Thanks for the ideas. This is what I came up with: a straight bumper with decent chrome maybe needing to be re-chromed at some point - $50 (with a ding or two less), got a really nice bumper that's been re-chromed - $250; all 4 front bumper brackets - $50; 4 decent dent free wheel well moldings - $200, nice straight center grille - $100; d/s rocker molding not sure since it's the mate to the r/s - both very nice - would hate to split the pair. Prices fair, too much, too low for original stuff in dent-free shape?

Id say they are very good prices. Cant say Id say no to any of those as a buyer

what always happens with me is when I part with something I need it myself. Just think how much trouble you would have replacing it if you happen to have an accident. Prices are very reasonable. Joe

-
Back