Local High School Shop open house (warning no mopar content)

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
Check this out! A friend and I take out this Mustang a couple times a year for open track events. Naturally aspirated the car made just over 300 HP to the rear wheels. It was limited per class rules and weight breaks. However now it's just an outdated race car limited to open track days. So my friend installed a supercharger to help keep the Corvettes at bay on the long straits.

Just so happens the local high school is having a open house and needed a car to run on the chassis dyno. Perfect opportunity to do a little testing and see if we picked up any horse power. :D

We strapped it down tonight and will be running it on the dyno tomorrow.

The teacher an old friend, is show casing this new equipment that was purchased with grants and bonds. Should be a good time tomorrow.

Pretty cool to see the shop class get some love. They have a four wheel drive chassis dyno, Engine dyno, Flow bench and quite a bit of other cool equipment to play with. Lucky kids!

Attachments

• get-attachment (3) (Small).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 199
  • get-attachment (2) (Small).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 191
  • get-attachment (1) (Small).jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 186
  • get-attachment (4) (Small).jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 217
wow we never had any stuuf like that back in my day they even closed the auto shop at my old school,now they have a agricultural class goin on in our old shop bah humbug

An old fellow coworker is the Super Flow sales rep that setup all dyno stuff for the school. I remember him telling me about it a while back. I guess is taken a while to get it all setup and running.

An old fellow coworker is the Super Flow sales rep that setup all dyno stuff for the school. I remember him telling me about it a while back. I guess is taken a while to get it all setup and running.

They have run other cars on the dyno prior to this. They are just having a public relations open house type deal. That rep is coming out to help out today can't remember his name right now may have been Trevor. I haven't met him but my friend loaned him some headers to run an engine he built on the engine dyno a couple months ago.

They have run other cars on the dyno prior to this. They are just having a public relations open house type deal. That rep is coming out to help out today can't remember his name right now may have been Trevor. I haven't met him but my friend loaned him some headers to run an engine he built on the engine dyno a couple months ago.

Travis Thrikettle is his name. Mention my name he knows me.

He ran Circle Track cars at Irwindale and won the championship one year. He'd be the only one with an open trailer and he'd beat teams with 18 wheeler rigs and enclosed trailers!

Travis Thrikettle is his name. Mention my name he knows me.

He ran Circle Track cars at Irwindale and won the championship one year. He'd be the only one with an open trailer and he'd beat teams with 18 wheeler rigs and enclosed trailers!

Yep it was Travis from Superflow. Smart guy, it was interesting hearing some of the stuff they did to the race cars. He was very helpful figuring out some of the issues with the supercharger as this was the first shakedown running it on the car.

The Mustang ran pretty good HP was at 470 @ 5950rpm and Torque was 462 @ 4650 rpm to the rear wheels running about 8 pounds boost. We were running out of fuel and leaning out above 6,000 rpm. Thinking maybe we need to increase the fuel line size and do some more carb work.

Channel 4 and 7 news sent out the two hotties in the blue dresses to cover the event.:D

The Orange mustang belong to the UTI automotive the training school. They pulled off 330HP on the chassis dyno on just motor.

Attachments

• Dyno run 010.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Copy of Dyno run 006.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 128
  • Copy of Dyno run 004.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 161
  • Copy of Dyno run 003.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Copy of Dyno run 002.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Copy of Dyno run 008.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 140
  • Dyno run 002.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 168
  • Dyno run 005.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Dyno run 011.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 177
Sweet.

We got a brand new, digital Hunter alignment rack my first year of auto shop.

It taught me to do Mopar front ends by feel.

Good for those kids!

-
Back