location of control for left mirror

-

Valleyant

Valleyant
Reaction score
I am working on my '70 Duster and want to install the remote control for my left side view mirror. Can someone please take measurements of it's proper location. I believe the hole should be 7/8". Thankyou!

View attachment May102014mothersdayduster 051.jpg
Don't pay any attention to the present hole that the remote and cables are poking through. If you can reference the location from the "Duster" emblem for the correct location that would be awesome!

I'm doing the same swap and would really appreciate the factory measurements too. I've had so many dusters with sport and regular remote mirrors but never thought to take a measurement and now every one I see is not factory... they all look like hack jobs.

thanks!

I'm doing the same swap and would really appreciate the factory measurements too. I've had so many dusters with sport and regular remote mirrors but never thought to take a measurement and now every one I see is not factory... they all look like hack jobs.

thanks!

Dang, I hope mine doesn't look like that..lol
I used the half way point from edge of the plastic emblem to the door edge and the mid way point of the height of the emblem for my drilling point. Hope that made sense. I didn't go 7/8" either. I used a step drill and kept test fitting until the control would fit through. definitely smaller than 7/8".

no...yours looks good,i thought about just centering it up too....that's prolly what they did at the factory.
i want to drill a little hole at the top of the big hole too so it'll stay put whet i tighten up the bezel.

-
Back