location of the spot welds on quarter panel

-

sbmopar318

Reaction score
I am contemplating doing my own quarter panel replacement to save money. I am curious if anyone can explain or have images of the location of the factory spot welds?? 1972 Scamp 2dr hardtop

This would be for a Roadrunner and a Coronet, but I would imagine the same follows suite for the A-Body:

Up inside the jam, a few on the inside by the quarter window, melt out the lead at the quarter to roof transition and you have spot welds there, more down in the rear window channel of the quarter, quarter to deck filler, all down trunk gutter, around rear tail panel, quarter to extension panel in the back/rear, quarter to bottom of extension panel, all around rear wheel opening lip, bottomside quarter to inner rocker seam, A few on bottom side of quarter (before transition) to inner rocker supports, melt out lead (or filler depending on year), at quarter to outer rocker transition....drill out spot welds and grind out small stitch welds, then back up into the jam. Fun fun fun! I only use Blair spotweld cutters with the spring loaded pilot, as well as their cutter lube. Good luck

Have your quarter panels first. Very few of the reproductions are complete to trunk lip, Dutchman panel, sail panel, etc..

-
Back