Locking Gas Cap ??????

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
HEY!!!!!! Since gas hit an all time high for the United States, it's become a very popular commodity among the sneaky thieves of the night.......we have even had gas stolen in our area in broad daylight!

I have an alarm system in my Demon, but sometimes it's just plain troublesome.......I have wanted to find a locking gas cap of some sort for the car, but have had ZERO luck coming up with a solution......

It seems that there MUST be something I can do about this.......Maybe I'm just missing the answer here..................

Has ANYONE come up with a locking solution for the rear quarter mounted A-Body gas cap yet???

Good Lord have mercy.......you can't trust your car in front of the Burger Joint any more!

Let us know your ideas....................... Doc

I just took one of a 72 duster I just bought because I think they are ugly. So you should be able to get one at the parts house.

I bought a Stant Locking Gas cap for my 1973 Duster. The part number is 11572 and I am sure it could be found in most auto parts stores.

My 69 Barracuda had a coil in the gas inlet tube (from the factory). I pulled it out years ago cause I couldn't sihphon my own gas. Now I wish I had left it in! You may be able to find one in an auto parts store or another old Mopar. It prevents any hose from going down to the gas tank.

pastortom1 said:
HEY!!!!!! Since gas hit an all time high for the United States, it's become a very popular commodity among the sneaky thieves of the night.......we have even had gas stolen in our area in broad daylight!

I have an alarm system in my Demon, but sometimes it's just plain troublesome.......I have wanted to find a locking gas cap of some sort for the car, but have had ZERO luck coming up with a solution......

It seems that there MUST be something I can do about this.......Maybe I'm just missing the answer here..................

Has ANYONE come up with a locking solution for the rear quarter mounted A-Body gas cap yet???

Good Lord have mercy.......you can't trust your car in front of the Burger Joint any more!

Let us know your ideas....................... Doc

I have one on my 72 demon seems to work just fine. It might be hard to see in the photo but that's how it looks!

Attachments

• IMG_6367.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 182
I don't know about the locking gas cap, I've heard that recently the quick method is to crawl under the car, stab a few holes in the tank and let it drain into a bucket or pan...

I'd love to help you but my locking gas cap has been on my car since dad owned it.

He bought it circa~ 2004 from autozone is all I know.

I don't know about the locking gas cap, I've heard that recently the quick method is to crawl under the car, stab a few holes in the tank and let it drain into a bucket or pan...
Probably easier to do on modern plastic tanks than the old school steel ones I bet.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to puncture a metal tank...................

MALCO%20A2.jpg

They come up on e-bay once in a while. Mine was all chrome. Very nice. I think I paid $12.

Fred B

Shotgun and rock salt comes to mind.

The last time I had someone sneakin' round trying to siphon some gas they got greeted by an angry owner with a 1911 .45 acp in his hand.

Funny thing is I haven't seen them anywhere near my house since.

-
Back