Locking the rear end

-
the first one you should be able to put in with only replacing the carrier gasket (or use silicone) and new gear oil in the rear end. The 2nd one, you will also need to get bearings for it and then swap your ring gear to it as well.

the first one you should be able to put in with only replacing the carrier gasket (or use silicone) and new gear oil in the rear end. The 2nd one, you will also need to get bearings for it and then swap your ring gear to it as well.

With the first one will I need to change axles

Isn't this your daily driver? The Lock-Right will change how your car drives. You can feel it locking and unlocking, sometimes they pop and do weird things.

I had them front and rear in my Suzuki Samurai. They are fantastic for an off road rig.

Isn't this your daily driver? The Lock-Right will change how your car drives. You can feel it locking and unlocking, sometimes they pop and do weird things.

I had them front and rear in my Suzuki Samurai. They are fantastic for an off road rig.

Ya but its cheap and i Need this mother to hook

I put them in the front and rear of my Samurai too, along with 513 gears. I found I could wheel in two wheel drive all day and keep up with any other four wheelers out there! I stopped to lock in my front hubs after a half a day of wheeling in order to navigate a very technical / dangerous washout. My wheeling buds couldn't believe I was in two wheel drive all morning

I put them in the front and rear of my Samurai too, along with 513 gears. I found I could wheel in two wheel drive all day and keep up with any other four wheelers out there! I stopped to lock in my front hubs after a half a day of wheeling in order to navigate a very technical / dangerous washout. My wheeling buds couldn't believe I was in two wheel drive all morning

I hear you there. A Samurai with front and rear lockers is an amazing machine.

Negative ,on Powertrax.... Seen this setup. A "modern replacement",for the old "Detroit Locker". Not my recommendation,period. When you get cell phone complaints,from customers on the road.....

I don't recommend Auburn because I had a professional mechanic install one of their differentials in my truck and it broke in less than a year.

I'd call Dr. Diff as it said that it is out of stock.He can tell you when they will be ready to ship.To install you need side bearings that he can install for you then all you have to do is change the ring gear. The V-Ramp sure grip as pictured is the best for Street/Strip action out there.

I have the lock rite in my Valiant. It can be jerky when turning corners. It clicks louder then i would like when turning. Definately raises eyebrows at cruise nights but when you nail the throttle she lights them both up. Also ran mine at the drags with street slicks. No problems so far

I have the lock rite in my Valiant. It can be jerky when turning corners. It clicks louder then i would like when turning. Definately raises eyebrows at cruise nights but when you nail the throttle she lights them both up. Also ran mine at the drags with street slicks. No problems so far

What about when its wet and turning

What about when its wet and turning

Forget about using lock-rites on the street, they are designed for off-road 4x4's.
I have them front and rear in my 48 Willys CJ-2A, it is hard to steer with the front hubs locked in off road, let alone on the street.

On a wet road with the front un-locked the back end wants to come around easy.
This is with a 60 hp flat head.

On dry pavement they make alot of noise when turning, clank clank clank.

I would not even think of using one in a street car.

I have run a few of the original clutch type sure-grip like was suggested from Dr Diff. I ran one in the rear of my Willys wagon on the street and off-road for years.... GREAT UNITs! I have one in my Barracuda now and would recommend this style over a lock-rite on the street. As was already stated, any type of "locking" differential can be fun when wet! The tighter they are, the more they like to slide you around. Set up properly, the clutch type has great traction on the dry street and very drivable in the wet.

What do you guys think

I am able to get a sure grip chunk 4.56 gear 489 case large pinion chunk. The guy says its like new I am able to get it for about the same price of a limited slim unit from summit

I would have to get new axles but could I swap my 3.55 gears for with this

-
Back