LoJack, anyone?

-

clhyer

Reaction score
Thinking about installing a LoJack system for peace of mind. It is pretty expensive though. Anyone have one? Do you like it? Are there alternatives? I am just starting this search and line of thought.
Thanks,
C

Thinking about installing a LoJack system for peace of mind. It is pretty expensive though. Anyone have one? Do you like it? Are there alternatives? I am just starting this search and line of thought.
Thanks,
C

Or you could buy a small GPS device and hide it in the car. I think there is a monthly subscription to be able to track it though.

One drawback may be if the car was stolen, and hidden in a building the GPS may or may not work.

I know if I go through a tunnel in my big truck for instance, sometimes my GPS will lose it's signal.

Recovered several stolen vehicles with LoJack installed. Don't know about the devise it self but we had 2 or 3 patrol cars in the troop with tracking abilities. They do work.

I guess pretty expensive is relative. It all depends on what you value your car at.

I just looked and their site said 695.00 one time fee with no monthly subscription. That isn't all that bad, if your car is valued at a fair amount.

Also, I would check with your insurance company, they may offer a discount, which over time could pay for the device.

And I agree with the above, they do work well.

$695 is awesome. Some of these Mopars get so valuable.

Tracking is good, but what about proactive-prevention?

What about a trunk battery, electric fuel pump, hidden ignition switch, hidden electric fuel pump switch, transmission lockout?,removal steering wheel-things to slow down moving the vehicle in addition to tracking the vehicle??

A truck can still come along and winch it up, perhaps a motion sensor for vehicle movement that goes off when activated?

The only problem I see is that some of the retailers of this equipment price it so high you would think they are trying to make money annually, one customer at a time.

I work at an Assembly plant and one night 5 big SUVs were stolen off the lot, they hopped the fence and drove em thru the fence. The On Star that is built in has abilities to track and they located all 5, sort of, 2 made it across the border into Mexico, gone for good there, and 3 were found in Dallas, one was found inside a garage. Whatever the correct terminology for their GPS abilites is I dont know but WORKS DAMN GOOD.
I was reading a thread like this on another site and there is some pretty neat stuff on the market out there, one had a phone app that you could utilize yourself. When I get my build finished Im thinking of at least 3 seperate systems, alarm, couple of hidden kill switches etc etc.

problem: around this part of country, no lojack service for hundreds and hundreds of miles. have to get clear over into seattle etc along coast

there are cell based solutions, assuming cell coverage.

Thanks for the info. Just starting this search.
C

-
Back