lokar cable install

-

purplescamper

Reaction score
I bought a lokar throttle cable kit DP-1000HT for my 73 scamp the only problem the cable don't fit...any ideas ?

100_2501.JPG

100_2500.JPG

take the clevis off the end, all you need is the little red thing crimped onto the end

take the clevis off the end, all you need is the little red thing crimped onto the end

this, and make sure the adjuster nut is on one side of the fire wall, and the body of the adjuster on the other

this, and make sure the adjuster nut is on one side of the fire wall, and the body of the adjuster on the other
I did not like how that adjuster was screwed directly into the grommet/gasket. Was just odd. Had movement also. I added a stainless steel washer to both sides and it made it much firmer.

I did not like how that adjuster was screwed directly into the grommet/gasket. Was just odd. Had movement also. I added a stainless steel washer to both sides and it made it much firmer.
do you remember what size ?

do you remember what size ?
Unfortunately not, I just got the size that fit nicely over the adjuster screw on the "okar thing. I took it to the hardware store. It may have even been a metric washer, can't recall, just whichever one fit nicest.

Beware, at least 2 of our members have had aftermarket bare metal sheathed cables cause electrical short/wire fire. It routes too close to the bulkhead connection in these cars. Heat shrink tubing if applicable, or simple tape wrap could prevent a bad day.

Beware, at least 2 of our members have had aftermarket bare metal sheathed cables cause electrical short/wire fire. It routes too close to the bulkhead connection in these cars. Heat shrink tubing if applicable, or simple tape wrap could prevent a bad day.
Agreed. I went with the black plastic Lokar cables instead of the braided stainless for that very reason.

Agreed. I went with the black plastic Lokar cables instead of the braided stainless for that very reason.
If you want to use the stainless braided cable, you can slide some clear tubing (think cheap overflow hose) over the area that comes close to the bulkhead and it won't be as obvious.

-
Back