lokar kick down help

-

themoparman73

Reaction score
Need help on setting up the lokar kick down cable. 3 gear takes forever to shift. Any info would help

I set mine up per their instructions. Take all of the slack out of the cable at wide open throttle. If your 1-2 shift is okay but not 2-3, you might have other problems???

It sounds like the cable is too tight from the linkage to the trans lever, and I suspect that second gear shifts somewhat later than it did also.
One thing to note is that the cable is not designed to change your shifts, only make the linkage geometry correct.

Hold your throttle wide open (make sure it will go wide open) then adjust your cable to pull the TP lever on the trans to full travel.
You may have to put a spring on it down at the lever so it also returns all the way.

If you get the cable adjusted as per ^^^ and still experience some issues, you may want to readjust the low/reverse band.

I set mine up with a small gap here at closed throttle.
Works great for me

Attachments

• Kickdown (Medium).jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 207
I initially had mine set just like Tony's. For some reason I reread the directions and did as Trailbeast and Dave at wide open throttle. I had great normal shifts when it was set like Tonys. After the readjustment the shift points changed and I rev much higher now and the shifts are super hard. I hate it!!!

I frankly dont understand what that lever does or the point of pulling the lever all the way forward at WOT? So Im no help on what the proper way to adjust is suppose to be but Im interested in other opinions as well.

did you guys have to buy the bracket seperatly or is it included ?
and Tony, do you not run a return spring?

duh, now I see it, what am I thinking about then the kick down linkage puller forward spring?

(the brackets that bolt on the number 1 intake bolts)

makes sense we wouldn't need those with a cable

so if I want to run the stock throttle cable, do I need to buy a separate bracket for the kickdown cable or is it included?
the reason I ask is because all their instruction sheets mention a separate bracket)

-
Back