Lokar Kickdown Linkage

-

sixty9xtc

Reaction score
Hi

I am wondering if anyone has installed the lokar kickdown linkage on a small block 727. I have the throttle and kickdown linkage installed on my dart and i am having a hell of a time getting the adjustment right.

thanks

I have it on mine and had no problem at all getting it adjusted. What kind of problem are you having? Are you making adjustments in small increments?

No problems here easy as pie. Make adjustments small start with wide open so trans lever is pulled all the way and then come back a little at a time.

i didn't. some say they have to but who knows what they did during the install. plus there are so many different kickdown leavers i guess you never know. i have used the lokar cable on numerous cars and have never had to drill any new holes..

I didn't have to drill and my car had one of the longer levers Mopar used. The only time I saw a longer lever was on a motorhome. Not saying it can't happen, but it's unlikely.

Do i need the full travell of the kickdown lever? When i use the original hole i am only utilizing about half of the travel of the kickdown lever.

Do i need the full travell of the kickdown lever? When i use the original hole i am only utilizing about half of the travel of the kickdown lever.

May or may not. Depends on how the valve body is set up. As Junior said start with it set so it pulls the lever all the way at wide open throttle. Test drive it. If it shifts ok, great. If it hangs in 1st and 2nd too long back off the adjustment a little at a time until it shifts where you want it to.

I am having the same issue.......I have been trying to adjust this Lokar cable with no success......I can get great 1-2 shifts but cannot get it to shift into 3rd unless the lever is all the way forward and I baby it. If I get on it,1-2 is scary as it seems like I missed a shift. If I adjust it to where 1-2 shifts firmly.........will not go into 3rd. I am thinking I will need to drill the lever too. It is almost the same length as the other lever.

Thats the same issue i am having i ended up drilling a couple of different holes. I tried to drill it so i have full movement of the kickdown arm but i don't think i want it coming all the way forward. I haven't had time to check it since i have had other tranny issues right now.

-
Back