Lokar Kickdown with a Thermoquad

-

74Dusted

Stock Piler of 340's
Reaction score
Hard to get it set correctly would be the understatement of the century, I've been trying to get it adjusted correctly for a long time and nothing seems to be close enough.

I found an older thread that showed a homemade bracket on the throttle arm of a TQ but it didn't list any dimensions so it didn't help much. I made my own based on nothing, but it's not right.

I can either get it to Upshift properly, but half of the time it won't kick down. Or I can get it to kick down properly, but it won't upshift unless I take my foot off the throttle, and then get on the throttle after it shifts. I even added additional holes to the arm I made for the carb to mess with the amount of travel.

Anybody know if the Edelbrock 1481 Arm : http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-1481/overview/ will fit a Thermoquad?

Or 1843? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-1843

I'd love to go with the stock linkage setup (which I always found to be easy to work with) but this is on my work truck/daily driver, the '84 D50 with a small block conversion. The firewall and floor are in the way of installing a stock linkage setup, so I have to use a cable instead.

Maybe you seen my old thread where I made a plate?

The brackets you listed will not work due to a lack of attaching points to secure the adapter on the throttle arm.

I can make you a plate if ya want.

Maybe you seen my old thread where I made a plate?

The brackets you listed will not work due to a lack of attaching points to secure the adapter on the throttle arm.

I can make you a plate if ya want.

It might have been your thread, I saw it a couple months ago. The original poster said something about copying the design of an Edelbrock Arm (was that you?)

Either a plate or a dimensions would work for me (or a "transfer" paper.. you know something I could print and draw out on steel)

What would you want for a plate if you made one?

It is easier for me to just make it.
I would want your address to mail it to you.
PM it to me.

-
Back