lokar or bouchillon?

-

cooltx

Reaction score
I know this has probably been covered before, but in you guys' opinion which do you prefer the lokar or the bouchillon kick down cable assembly.This is for a 904 behind a 360 in a '72 duster. Money is not really a problem if the bouch is really that much better.

The Bouchillon is more money but it fits and works very well. I used their carb bracket too. I think the cable is an an OEM part so if you had to replace it for some reason you could get it at the dealer. Lokar is prettier.

Any pictures of how you set up the linkage? I have the lokar kickdown linkage and 440 sixpack and Im trying to figure out how to modify it and have it look ok

I can't say if the Bouchillion is better but I can say the Lokar definitely works just fine and looks good. I put a Lokar throttle cable and kickdown setup on my Cuda and had no problems at all. Nice clean look compared to the factory stuff.

I thought this was a thread about what to eat for dinner.

LMAO, Jim

I know this has probably been covered before, but in you guys' opinion which do you prefer the lokar or the bouchillon kick down cable assembly.This is for a 904 behind a 360 in a '72 duster. Money is not really a problem if the bouch is really that much better.

How did it go with Lokar?
I'm contemplating the purchase as well...
Have any pics?:toothy10:

Short of going out and taking some pics with the aircleaner off, I had these Bouchillon pics on my PC.

bouchillonimg.jpg

Bouch.jpg

Here's some pics of the Lokar install at the carb end. I took a close up also to show there's about an inch worth of adjustment plus the cable is easily adjusted in or out of the cable ends by loosening a set screw, adjusting it and re-tightening the set screw.

Sorry but it's only 18 degrees outside (and not much warmer in the garage, lol) so I ain't crawling under the car for an underneath shot but it's similar in operation and looks to the Bouchillion pic shown by 70duster440. Only diff. is the Lokar is stainless braided cable.

By the looks of things they both look like nice setups IMO.

been using lokar for years and have never had a problem. looking at the Bouchillon pics, that set up would be difficult to use with my turbo action shifter.

I just bought and installed the Bouchillion kit with carb adapter plate and it's sweet to install. 1.5 hrs just like they say. Great instructions and quality, quality product. I havent run it yet but adjustment should be very little to none. It was $225.00 Canadian by the time i got it across the boarder to Alberta, but shipping was fast. The Lokar kit looks decent and 40-60 bucks cheaper but i have heard there is tweaking to be done until the stretch comes out of it, etc. I didnt want to do much tweaking when it came to the tranny being out of whack for any length of time. http://bouchillonperformance.com/BPEtkdc.asp

I went with the Lokar set up on my 440 sixpack. It works well but took a while to get the placement right on the modified carb bracket. After discovering the Bouschillon set up I wished I had gone with it because they come with a carb bracket that locks in and takes the guess work out of kick-down cable placement. (correct ratio to throttle etc). I called bouschillon to purchase just the carb bracket and was told that it was a "pattented" part and could not be sold outside of the kit. Hate to respend the money when mine works but I would've gone with theirs had i known.

-
Back