Lokar

-

solracmopar

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a Lokar shift kit on their small block? I just bought the kick down cable, throttle cable and bracket for my 318. I'm running an Edlebrock 600 with an Edlebrock intake. Wondering if anyone has any pictures to share? Thanks!!!

Just finished installing the throttle cable and kickdown cable. Shocked at how easy it was. Next step will be adjusting the kickdown cable..

Here are some crap pics I took with the crackberry..

Attachments

• Sanford-20110617-00168.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 650
  • Sanford-20110617-00170.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 627
  • Sanford-20110617-00171.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 660
I have the same kit on mine love it, SOOO much better and easier than the OEM version. apparently you didn't need pics as it looks like your all set, nice job.

i have used the lokar set up on numerous cars and love it.. never any problems with it..

120552871.jpg

Great to get such positive feedback.

I think was over analyzing the situation. OEM kickdown seems like calculus compared to Lokar's set up.. Highly recommend to anyone who might read this post that is in need of a new set up.

Great to get such positive feedback.

I think was over analyzing the situation. OEM kickdown seems like calculus compared to Lokar's set up.. Highly recommend to anyone who might read this post that is in need of a new set up.

Mine are being delivered today. Glad to hear good things abouit them.

Well, these arrived today:

Attachments

• DSC_0012.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 565
  • DSC_0014.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 550
  • DSC_0015.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 560
I bought the knock off lokar set up off ebay. looks like great quality and at a fraction of the price.

yet to install it on my duster yet but i will get to it eventually.

IMG_20110406_200724.jpg

IMG_20110406_200757.jpg

came with bracketry too, just cant see in pictures.

I bought the knock off lokar set up off ebay. looks like great quality and at a fraction of the price.

yet to install it on my duster yet but i will get to it eventually.

IMG_20110406_200724.jpg

IMG_20110406_200757.jpg

came with bracketry too, just cant see in pictures.

had a friend use that once. fittings were real brittle and broke on him. hopefully you have better luck then he had.

The ones I bought are the items the Tech Guy @ Edelbrock recommended when I called and told him what we were doing with my 340. He told me they had done some fairly extensive testing @ Edelbrock and these Lokar pieces really seemed to work best.
I called when I was making the choices re: the intake, cylinder heads and carb setup.

got it on the tunnel ram with no issues - went right over to the fuel injection without even an adjustment...

DSCN4399.jpg

had a friend use that once. fittings were real brittle and broke on him. hopefully you have better luck then he had.

the fittings feel very solid...no plastic, all metal.

so fingers crossed that they work nice.

Buddy of mine has a 67 Dart and is using a bicycle cable for a kickdown. Same principal minus the fancy "look". I'm sure the eBay version will work just fine ;)

Shifting seems a little rough thus far. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to adjust the kickdown? I'm running a 904 auto trans. Thanks!

Great setup by lokar, and easy as pie to install. No mechanical issues whatsoever when it's adjusted correctly.

Shifting seems a little rough thus far. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to adjust the kickdown? I'm running a 904 auto trans. Thanks!

Did you ever figure it out and get it to shift more smooth? Just curious...Mine are on the way so I want to be mentally prepared!

My question: Does the kickdown cable just replace the kickdown linkage without any modifications?
My 273 is is all set, but I need to get a carb for my LD 4B and have been worrying about the linkage/kickdown issues/setup. The car is a 65 Valiant with a 904 tranny, the old cable type, This is the last problem I have to deal with before firing her up. Can't wait, this had been a 4 year project.

I've had the complete Lokar setup on my car for a few yrs. now. Love it. Works great and since I've had 3 different carbs on it the easy adjustment sure is nice. Here's an old pic of when I first put it on. Sure is a lot cleaner looking than the stock bulky kickdown linkage

Attachments

• Lokar setup #1.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 308

for starters, with the throttle wide open the lever on trans must be all the way to the rear of the car

-
Back