LOL do these two even FIT??

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Found this on C/L. GM based 833 OD but it appears to have the "tall" Mopar bell pattern rather than the GM "wide" bolt pattern. BUT THE BELL looks like it has the "wide" GM pattern. Do these even fit together? I say "no".........

Chevy 4sp manual overdrive tranny LS 5.3

Chevy 4sp manual overdrive tranny LS 5.3 - $1200 (Spokane)

00H0H_bCilFOZnEnI_1200x900.jpg

00l0l_8MWGCmlvVyR_1200x900.jpg

Np833 setup for Chevy LS. Originally out of 82 gmc 1/2ton. Rare transmission. Aluminum case, about the size of muncie or saginaw. Had behind a ls powered c10. Tranny is based upon the mopar a833 but 4th gear is an overdrive. Flywheel and clutch have less than 200 miles on them. Hurst supershifter. Worked great. Pulled because im putting a turbo on my 5.3 and converted to a th400. I'm firm on the price. Includes tranny, bellhousing,flywheel,clutch,etc.

That is an odd setup. The input shaft is not fine tooth, which eliminates 23 tooth and more course than 18 tooth Hemi box. It's hard to tell if it is Mopar size from pics. Need a shot of the face of the tranny.

The GM input shafts came both ways, but not sure if they came both ways with the GM bolt pattern bell. Just "looking" at that thing it seems to me no way they will fit. He claims they "did." Some of these setups actually used an adapter plate.

Dirt track racers used them back in the day. I picked up many of them at swap meets because no one knew to swap the internals into an 833 case.

-
Back