Not open for further replies.

mvh

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Broke one off with the stud in it. Hoping to find just one and not have to buy the expensive set of 20. This is the 2-1/4 inch long closed chrome lug nut used with the bolt-thru wheel cover option on first- and second-generation Barracudas, with the 14 x 5-1/2 inch wheel option. See photo.

Willing to pay a reasonable sum for a decent example -- need not be perfect -- plus shipping to Menlo Park CA.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_3911.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 188
Why not remove the broken stud from the lug nut? Any machine shop should be able to do this if you can't do it.

should come out easy but i have some and will check on condition.

mike bee

update:i found 3 but all were lh thread.

Why not remove the broken stud from the lug nut? Any machine shop should be able to do this if you can't do it.

...for $75 (was quoted). I was hoping someone would be cheaper than that.

I can tell there's no chance I could extract it. It's flush to the end with a twisted break -- a drill would never stay on center. It was at 50 ft/lbs when it snapped. And I have no welding capability, to weld something on to twist it with.

I forgot to add, it's a right hand nut... meant to put that into the title.

Do you just need one. I have some from a 65 Barracuda. Are those the same

Do you have a local high school with a shop program. Great teaching moment, you can youtube a video how to do it. They can weld inside of a nut and clamp and remove.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRrz-cphBY4"]Removing a broken bolt using a welder - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back