Long Island guys - machine shop ??

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Is there a Mopar-specific machine shop/engine builder on the Island that any of you guys use or know of? I know there's S K Speed which I'm sure is fine but I'd rather look elsewhere first to find someone who knows or specializes in Chrysler products.

Thanks for any info.

- Greg

I know a guy, he is expensive.

Fontana's speed & machine, inc

470 thrift street Ronkonkoma

He's not a MoPar only shop, but Mopars are his personnal thing. Does love his old caddy alot, but he himself is into Mopars. I have heard S&K does good work though. And yes, on MoPar engines.

Is there a Mopar-specific machine shop/engine builder on the Island that any of you guys use or know of? I know there's S K Speed which I'm sure is fine but I'd rather look elsewhere first to find someone who knows or specializes in Chrysler products.

Thanks for any info.

- Greg

Greg,just find yourself a machinist/builder you can trust..one of the best places to find one,is going to the track and asking guys who they use..i always get a kick out of the comment "mopar only builders"..a good machnist/builder is a good one no matter what he works on..

Greg,just find yourself a machinist/builder you can trust..one of the best places to find one,is going to the track and asking guys who they use..i always get a kick out of the comment "mopar only builders"..a good machnist/builder is a good one no matter what he works on..

That's true. I don't mind taking my project to SK, I'm sure they're competent. Question was more out of curiosity. I don't know a lot racers personally. Perhaps I should start getting to know some.

For example, there's the Vignonas in upstate NY, but I read that Lou just passed away.

Mopars make up such a small percentage of the performance market, probably does not make sense to do Chrysler only stuff. You'd have to be good enough to where everyone and their brother with 440 would know you and go to you or not in it to make money.

Too bad your not closer too me(Mass.) the shop i use has a very very good rep.and they do mostly chevy but have built some killer Mopars,i know a couple of others in Mass. that fellow racers use also,of coarse none of them are cheap,but you get what you pay for..:cheers:

S&K is capable. 1 of there cars won at PINKS. Also do note that in some of the final rounds, it was half a S&K feild in the final 16. (IIRC)

-
Back