long time follower, 1st time member

-

440ddart

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've been reading the posts on this forum for a while now and all the advice has helped me along the way with my build. For years I was a bowtie guy but I've been bitten by the Mopar bug. My current build is a 74 /6 Duster that I bought with my earnings from the roullete wheel. So far I've fabricated and installed subframe connectors, a leaf spring relocation, B body S/S springs, a narrowed 8 3/4 with big bolt pattern axles and a 3.91 suregrip, fiberglass front bumper with fabricated aluminum bumper brackets, poly racing seats with fabricated aluminum mounts, a floor shifter and I have relocated the battery to the trunk with an external battery shut off switch. I have a 440 that I rebuilt with all the goodies that is making around 500hp and a 73 small block K member that I have relocated the frame mounts for use with the big block and engine spool mounts. I welded all the factory seams closed and rebuilt the entire K member front suspension. The car is still powered by the /6 until I can get back home to do the engine and K member swap from my 2 year active duty tour aboard MCAS Futenma in Okinawa Japan. This forum has kept me motivated and inspired to get back to wrenching on my project. My thanks goes out to everyone here and I'm glad to be a member.

Once the bug bites...there is no turning back...welcome to the "Mopar" camp and joining the best MoPar site in the interweb :glasses7:

Sorry, not many pictures yet because I haven't been home long enough to take any, but I do have a video of breaking in the 440 I built on my home made engine run stand. I'm trying to upload the video from my facebook page and when I figure it out I will post it.

It took me a while to figure it out, so I hope this works. I saved the video as an attachment, enjoy.

Attachments

• 440 break in.zip
    67 KB · Views: 93
Welcome from a fellow vet! Thanks for your continuing service and come home soon.

Welcome ,from Pismo Beach. Sounds like your close,on the project. I love the idea,you did chassis and brakes first. Sounds like a track car.

My idea is to build a street strip car in the rendition of the 70's pro stock cars such as the Motown Missile and Sox and Martin's 73 Duster. I like keeping things simple and "old school"! Also, could somebody click on the attachment in my last post and let me know if the video uploaded, thanks.

Go down to "advanced post" ,and click.Head to the bottom of the lower list,"click" on zip file. Hope this helps.....

No it didn't. Check out Photo bucket. Got a cell phone with a camera? Quick and easy.

Welcome to FABO and thanks for your service from "another" family of vets. Love dusters and 440's so come home safe and get the project done :) God bless.

-
Back