Look out Memike!!!!

-
Neither one of you can touch Hester, but she has 3.55s and a 4 speed. :bootysha: :bootysha:

Neither one of you can touch Hester, but she has 3.55s and a 4 speed. :bootysha: :bootysha:
4 speed with a 225 two barrel?? or is it a pea shooter ?
With the wait gain "4 doors"and the trouble to grab another gear you may be looking at my tail lights David :toothy10:
I have 3.55 too.

Thems racing words MeMike!How will the teeney weeney 170 low deck panout against the gargantuit 225?Just wondering?Is there really much difference between the 170 and 225??

225 with 2 Holley/Weber progressive 2 barrels, Comp 264S cam, homemade split shorty headers with two 2 1/4" pipes that go to a dual inlet Borla muffler mounted at the rear bumper that was meant for a BMW 735. Grabbing another gear ain't no problem with a properly set up Hurst Comp Plus shifter. The only edge you may have is that I can't dump the clutch because it breaks loose and slips if I do. Guess the next project is a new clutch if Ya'll are serious.

Thems racing words MeMike!How will the teeney weeney 170 low deck panout against the gargantuit 225?Just wondering?Is there really much difference between the 170 and 225??
Not very much except C.I.:-k , The 170 rev's higher and has a good low end with the short stoke engine :drinkers:, But after an 1/8 mile he would be passing me by :drinkers::toothy7:

225 with 2 Holley/Weber progressive 2 barrels, Comp 264S cam, homemade split shorty headers with two 2 1/4" pipes that go to a dual inlet Borla muffler mounted at the rear bumper that was meant for a BMW 735. Grabbing another gear ain't no problem with a properly set up Hurst Comp Plus shifter. The only edge you may have is that I can't dump the clutch because it breaks loose and slips if I do. Guess the next project is a new clutch if Ya'll are serious.

After hearing your up grades :drinkers: I will see your tail lights before the 1/8 mile:notworth::drinkers: What size clutch and through out bearing for the four speed David ???

Yeah, there is. The 225 is basically a tractor engine with it's 4 1/8" stroke. Has loads of low end grunt but wants to lay down after about 3000 RPM. The 170 is plain too small to generate much thrust but you have all it can give from idle to around 5000 rpm. If I was seriously racing I would use a 170 as a high RPM screamer with lots of gear, cam, and carb. You can't hurt the bottom end or the valve train, the limiting factor seems to be number 5 connecting rod.

After hearing your up grades :drinkers: I will see your tail lights before the 1/8 mile:notworth::drinkers: What size clutch and through out bearing for the four speed David ???

Still running the stock 9 incher. It's getting tired.

You have put a few miles on that clutch in the last year.:clock:
I did not know you had 2 Holley/Weber progressive 2 barrels, Comp 264S cam, homemade split shorty headers =P~
I bet I know why you are ready for a new clutch:toothy10:
I would do a through out bearing while you are there, Yep I bet you would smoke me bad 8)

We have found that they run really good on about 1/2 a bottle of cabo wabo but maybe I shouldn't be givin away any of Small Blocks tech stuff!

Swingerdartcb I have seen you out there I think, Hiding out amoung the later darts, Beer in each hand, soaking in the vib of mother Mopar!

-
Back