look what i bought yesterday!!

-

mwls73duster360

Bad as Buddy Holly
Reaction score
Yes it's a Chevy but it's cheap. I picked this up at my new job. In case you don't know I buy cars now. Found it on craigslist for 2500 it's going to get fancy then headed to a dealer. I'll get 20% of what ever it makes. O and I got to pick it up personally! Didn't know these things were such tanks 3600lbs! Raced the boss on the way home my duster walked all over him lol!!!

Attachments

• 3G83M53Nb5N25G75M9d5922c7066d72b515f2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 315
  • 3Ea3K83G55E85H75Mdd590169e28a71be109b.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 318
  • 3E33G63Kd5N65F15Jfd594d3e6a98dcd6113a.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 312
Lol I'm keeping the duster. My boss Tim called me when I was fallowing him back with it. He's all do you think you can keep up? I just laughed he down shifted and slowly started pulling on me I was still in 3rd. I dropped in to 2nd and blew past him lol. After we got back he walked up and said"I think I'm really starting to like those dusters" lol

Yes it's a Chevy but it's cheap. I picked this up at my new job. In case you don't know I buy cars now. Found it on craigslist for 2500 it's going to get fancy then headed to a dealer. I'll get 20% of what ever it makes. O and I got to pick it up personally! Didn't know these things were such tanks 3600lbs! Raced the boss on the way home my duster walked all over him lol!!!

It's pretty sad huh?....$2500. Those 'vettes get zero respect, they're total low-tech slow pigs. And those years, you got all the technology that an impala offered. Bet you could throw one of those brake calipers at somebody and kill them with it!

Lol yup. Around here though one this nice goes for 6-8k easy so I'm looking to make a good chunk of change.

Lol I'm keeping the duster. My boss Tim called me when I was fallowing him back with it. He's all do you think you can keep up? I just laughed he down shifted and slowly started pulling on me I was still in 3rd. I dropped in to 2nd and blew past him lol. After we got back he walked up and said"I think I'm really starting to like those dusters" lol

Vettes were never really good drag cars, but they can take a corner better than our old A bodies.

The 70's vetts really don't get the respect they deserve. I liked them, but I prefer the earlier once with the little chrome bumpers.

hard to go wrong for $2500.00 though. Nice find. :thumbup:

Vettes were never really good drag cars, but they can take a corner better than our old A bodies.

The 70's vetts really don't get the respect they deserve. I liked them, but I prefer the earlier once with the little chrome bumpers.

Very true. But you would need someone that could drive it right lol. I haven't met anyone that can out drive me on a street course yet.

Last guy I raced in Kalama river road in a super nice 69 mach 1. About 1/4 of the way down the road I looked in the rear view and saw him fish tailing all over. I pulled over told him if he can keep up don't try I'm not going to be part of him wrecking his car. That road has some crazy s turns some posted at 20mph. I know it really well though.

Corner better than our A bodies... Maybe, but who cares when you are in the coolest cars made!! I'd much rather go slower around the corner and have the car be admired for its awesomeness than be seen in a plastic toy nobody notices!!

Yeah, they were WAY behind tech wise.

Even the pinto had rack and pinion steering before the vette.

Damn sexy body, though.

Despite the square, unappealing, and difficult to enter/exit body, the C4 is a MUCH nicer car.

That one looks nice and shiny, with new seats.

I looked at two at dealerships about 2 years ago.

#1 was a79 red/red auto car in almost #2 shape, except for faded carpet and an aftermarket stereo. It had L82 badges, but was an L48 car.
Asking $5000, and it sat there for a long time.

#2 was a black/black 76 auto car and looked REAL sharp. Had a kind of a harsh clunk when cornering to the right.
Asking $6500, and sold on ebay for $4500 5 weeks later.

That is Sharp I've always been a Sucker for a Red/Red sports car.
Always wanted to do a Mopar in that color scheme.
BTW are you buying and selling cars now?

Corner better than our A bodies... Maybe, but who cares when you are in the coolest cars made!! I'd much rather go slower around the corner and have the car be admired for its awesomeness than be seen in a plastic toy nobody notices!!
Geez... I wasn't commenting on which car is better, or what you'd rather own. I was stating a fact that the vette, even a 70's vette will handle curves better. :roll:

funny you should post this ...i was recently offered a car like that in trade and i had a thought run across my head to do it and get the car.

i like the way that style of vette looks ...they look fast and kinda sexy ....this one over here sounded good ....engine has a nice tone. this vette i was offered is black

hmmmmm. i wonder how i would look in one those ........hopefully look fast ....im not here for Grandma cars ...im here to burn gas and kick *** ....and that looks like a pretty sweet car and its still AMERICAN which is supremely important to me, if i wanted a ricer i will move to Japan

only problem is that i have never worked on or run a GM ...so i know absolutely nothing about them :banghead:

Didn't mean to sound so crass, but I had to spend a summer getting my father in laws 73 ready to sell, and drove to a few shows in it. Man, what a horrible ride, bumpy as heck and just felt like I was always driving down a dirt road!!

Oh yea, I put $800 of my own money into it to help him and he never paid me back when he sold it!! Maybe has something to do with it???

Didn't mean to sound so crass, but I had to spend a summer getting my father in laws 73 ready to sell, and drove to a few shows in it. Man, what a horrible ride, bumpy as heck and just felt like I was always driving down a dirt road!!

Oh yea, I put $800 of my own money into it to help him and he never paid me back when he sold it!! Maybe has something to do with it???
I have heard that before from other Vette owners. It was when they rode in my 77 that they said what did you do his dont ride like a Vette. I think it may have to do with the fact in the 70`s they put rubber mounts in the body and a good tire choice helps. I miss my 77 on the tight curve roads.

Sorry been buzzy fixing the duster. So missed all your comments lol yes my new job is buying cars I don't sell them they go to auction or scrap. Well cars like the vette are special it is going to be finished then sent to a dealer show room for sale.

-
Back