look what I brought home Saturday

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I went to a car show Saturday put on by a VFW hall and one of the churches for some kinda cancer research . I walked away with best of show for Mopar. I didn't think I would get it because of a 1948 Plymouth Desoto, a 1937 Plymouth that had a resto and there was a 1983 LeBaron there with 11000 miles on it that had been stored in a garage for 27 years and it was choice. It had a hemi in it. It was a good show. Plan on going to another one next Saturday. That makes 6 trophys in 7 shows. I want to thank the guys on FABO again for all the help you gave in helping me with some of the problems I encountered putting this car together. You notice in the pic I dont have a lot of hair left from this project LOL. Bill

Attachments

• DSC02877.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 448
  • DSC02881.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 446
Very nice Duster, Bill...guess the hair loss from the project phase was worth it, yes?

I had just spent 2 full days working at church on a project to get ready for mothers day and had gotten up that morning and spent all day at the show so needless to say I was tired. But yes it was worth it. Then to top that off, we loaded up the derby car and traveled 50 miles to a spring bash where my son ran a figure 8 race and came in first place. I made the mistake before the race of telling him that the old man brought home a trophy today and now it is your turn. Pics of what he done to show me up. I wont tell him that again.

Attachments

• DSC02883.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC02827.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 265
I don't know about those rims on a Plum Crazy Duster...

kidding, obviously:D-congrats and well done-we all hope for an award when we enter a show, but so many of us never get one.

thanks guys. I think one of the best rewards is what some people say at shows and do going down the road. Last weekend at a car show I had a little lady came up to me that was about 75 years old and whispered to me " can I hear it run". When I started it up I thought this lady was going to have crap all over herself. She started to tell me about the one she had years ago. A " gold duster". I took her up to my book and showed her what mine looked like before I started on it and that led to about another half hour talk. Then coming home down the interstate there was a woman who would pass me. She just ran along side me for a mile or so giving the thumbs up. I think that is what makes it worth it.

TeeTee, that is a beautiful car you have there. There is no reason you shouldnt pull a trophy. I want to get a spoiler next. I think a stripe down the side would set your car off great. Thanks,Bill

-
Back