Look what I found under my back seat !! UPDATE NOT MINE

-

iw378

Reaction score
A buddy of mine has been bugging me about the the build sheet since last friday when I picked up my car. Anyways I've been working on fixing my charging problem for the past 3 days. Got that sorted out with a ton of help from 67Dart273. Figured I'd do some digging around to see if the sheet was even in the car. I was quite surprised when I saw this.
gaor.jpg

It has seen better days but I guess I'd look like that if people have been sitting on me for 43 years. My wife thought it would be a cool jigsaw puzzle and she did a good job.
ufa6.jpg

The spider on the bottom of the pic was on the build sheet.
Looked at the numbers this morning nothing was matching with my fender tag. Turns out I have a back seat from a 74 dart or demon.. LOL

I'm gonna leave it as is for now. If I can figure out a way to flatten all the parts
and get them together I will get it laminated. I'm just stoked that I have it. Well at least the parts of it.

Nice find! I found mine with a couple holes in it from the springs.

'Fraid mine is long gone. I do have the certicard though

A buddy of mine has been bugging me about the the build sheet since last friday when I picked up my car. Anyways I've been working on fixing my charging problem for the past 3 days. Got that sorted out with a ton of help from 67Dart273. Figured I'd do some digging around to see if the sheet was even in the car. I was quite surprised when I saw this.
gaor.jpg

It has seen better days but I guess I'd look like that if people have been sitting on me for 43 years. My wife thought it would be a cool jigsaw puzzle and she did a good job.
ufa6.jpg

The spider on the bottom of the pic was on the build sheet.

I wish i got mine with a back seat . No back seat or carpet, and no broadcast sheet :-(

Definitly not going to be easy to line it up right, but you could probably use laminating sheets that are peel and stick. Lay one sticky side up and start puting your pieces together on it . Maybe put some grid paper under it to help line it up. Once its all on, lay another over it.

That's very cool. I've never seen it up under the mesh like that. All the ones I've seen are just jammed up and under the springs. It's always like a treasure hunt when you first lift the seat wondering if it's still there.

For the first time ever, I found three in my '70 Dart- it got to the point that it was like, Really? Another broadcast sheet? One was in very nice condition folded and stuck to sealer under the carpet at the driver's feet. I left it there as it was found, stuck to the floor. Another was up behind the glove box and this one shown was under the back seat. The original owner sold the Dart when she was 93 years old. The back seat was prestine so I doubt many people ever sat back there. Fun stuff.

Enjoy your new ride! Photos?

View attachment fb dart broadcast sheet.jpg

I found two under the backseat of my dart sport
one was a match to my car, the other was for a duster I believe
both were wedge between the seat springs

To flatten them out, lay a cotton handkerchief over each piece and iron it with medium heat. Then they will be flat enough to jigsaw puzzle them together and overlay a clear sticky sheet.

Cool find!

We found one for a 71 Dart in Dad's 69. Mint shape! I still have the one from my old 67 GT as well. Always a cool find.

Oh man! I clicked on this thread expecting to see somebody's lost virginity or a vintage old doobie! ; )

I got a good one out of my back seat, but found another corner of one when I pulled the dash. Not sure where it came from, possibly above the glove box or AC box, but the rest of it was long gone.

Also, if you have not searched the rest of the car yet, you may still find one or more that do match your car.

When I had my 67 Dart 270 4 door, found the broadcast sheet folded in half and taped to the top of the glove box, in pristine condition. On 67 GT found it under the back seat with a few holes and wear marks from the springs, still mostly legible though.

I found two in my Duster. One under the front seat, the other in the rear. Neither was for my car! They did both belong to the same car, which apparently had the same color interior and a very close sequence number to mine. Guess that one got my buildsheet. :violent1:

They're neat, but since my '74 was a /6-auto on the column car with pretty much no options and is now a 340/4 speed car, it wouldn't have meant much anyway.

My GK6 Dart GT is a Los Angeles car, so it likely never had on in the car. Add that to the interior being stripped when I got it and I never saw one. I do have one for my EL5 GT, which is awesome since it's a pretty highly optioned car with most of the original stuff. It'll stay mostly original.

I have most of my buildsheet for my Challenger, its pretty chewed up. Literally, mice got to it. But it wasn't a numbers matching car when I bought it, so again it doesn't mean a whole lot.

-
Back