Looking at 1 of 1 67 Formula S

-
"She" What difference does that make? I'm glad you got to know her some. That's cool. Maybe "she" could have imparted the information she did to "you" on the phone "here" first and a lot of this could have been avoided. I stand by what I wrote. Proof, proof, proof. Until then, it's just a rumor. I don't care what Galen says.

Well Rob, if you read the entire thread, you would quickly realize that the OP of this thread is not the owner, but the buyer! The owner has not made a claim that it is a one of one anything, in fact she didnt even know what it was until she uncovered it just a couple weeks ago!! Yep, I hope you caught that, the owner is a she!! She knows nothing about 1 of 1 anything, cannot find any information and probably wouldn't know how to put it all together anyway, given its a 67, and would like to come here looking for help! Thing is, the last time she did to list the other car, she was lambasted on the price, the originality, the condition, everything! How she got the price for the other car, I don't know, but she doesn't know the ins and outs of rarity, only what someone tells her its worth, or finding comparables, which, when you own 2 of the rarest cars is very hard to do! She sold the other car, but I don't think it was here due to the hostile attitude she received here! Instead of getting help and support, she got quite the opposite!

So yes, this is a general discussion, and discuss we must, but before someone posts something like the owner is looking for a payday, better know all the facts!! Nothing could be further from the truth!! And, if you actually knew and understood her circumstances, maybe you all would be a little more supportive and soft hearted!! Just sayin, Geof

Oh and I never specifically said "she" was lookin for a payday. I simply meant that nine times outta ten, when people post this BS, that's the deal. If it's not, then more power to her. If she's going to get involved in the car scene, thick skin is a must. Especially when you make a claim like this. As I said, you should be ready to back it up. She came lookin for help from us. The burden of proof is with her or the owner, not with us.

Well Rob, if you read the entire thread, you would quickly realize that the OP of this thread is not the owner, but the buyer! The owner has not made a claim that it is a one of one anything, in fact she didnt even know what it was until she uncovered it just a couple weeks ago!! Yep, I hope you caught that, the owner is a she!! She knows nothing about 1 of 1 anything, cannot find any information and probably wouldn't know how to put it all together anyway, given its a 67, and would like to come here looking for help! Thing is, the last time she did to list the other car, she was lambasted on the price, the originality, the condition, everything! How she got the price for the other car, I don't know, but she doesn't know the ins and outs of rarity, only what someone tells her its worth, or finding comparables, which, when you own 2 of the rarest cars is very hard to do! She sold the other car, but I don't think it was here due to the hostile attitude she received here! Instead of getting help and support, she got quite the opposite!

So yes, this is a general discussion, and discuss we must, but before someone posts something like the owner is looking for a payday, better know all the facts!! Nothing could be further from the truth!! And, if you actually knew and understood her circumstances, maybe you all would be a little more supportive and soft hearted!! Just sayin, Geof

and actually this is not the forum to sell high $$$ rares

yes you can put them here but the big $$$ is not so much here. here are mainly builders of show cars and race cars and street drivers. tech know how and those learning. lots of parts sellers, people lookin for parts, people seeking tech info and build ideas and troubleshooting. most of the cars i've seen for sale here are works in progress. most of the finished cars go to ebay or the big auction joints.

it's not that it's attitudes here in the way of sales. you can claim that. but this is more of a workin' man's joint not the corporate executive lounge.

X2

Gotta go pack my lunch box now and go wire some buildings so I can afford some fuel this weekend!

See ya on Meecum 1 O 1. :D

Ok, the owner has given me permission to include the proof that everybody has been debating about regarding this car! Here's the build sheet!!...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 136
The "known to exist" numbers!!

Once again, the owner has never stated that this is a "1 of 1" car, and didnt know this documentation even existed until they started assembling parts and going through boxes!!

What does the "she" part have to do with it?? Nothing, except to explain that she is not the original poster of this thread, and Robs references to the owner as a guy!!

So, there's the proof, take it for what you will! If anybody wants more info or pics, message me an ill clear it through the owner, including the price, which by the way is very reasonable, and includes another 67 notchback!!

And to moparlover, no harm, no foul, and this should be the place to list this car! The price is not out of line, you'd be surprised how reasonable it is considering you also get a notchback in the deal also!! Geof

Attachments

• image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 163
I never referred to the owner as a he. I was talking about the originator of this thread.....but as I asked, what difference does it make? None. I don't know what all the fuss is about, really. Nobody asked for anything out of the way. This went sideways Geof, when you said we all had attitude. I see no attitude in wanting proof. Thanks for posting it, even though it is illegible. I still believe it because there it is. Has to be an interesting car for sure. Thanks for including the info. Sorry for the fuss.

No harm Rob, that's what we're here for, to debate things of this nature! Would I want this car?? Heck yea, blue on blue with a blue convertible top, that would get people scratching their heads!! Headrest buckets, another rarity! If you go to a page that shows a 67 build sheet, you can easily transfer the numbers from the build sheet pic and see what the car should be wearing! All I have is my iPhone, and the pics are on my iPhone as well, but I can clearly make out the numbers by looking at the pic included in the thread!! Maybe ill do that, and post some of the interesting items this car came with!! Geof

This is what I came up with when I ran the codes on the body plate, in case anyone is interested:

CAR: Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Convertible
ENGINE: 383cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: Unknown tire code
BUILD DATE: May 18.
AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio, Sure Grip
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Light Blue Interior.
PAINT: Monotone Bright Blue Metallic Paint.
OTHER: Dark Blue Metallic Upper Door Frame Color.

MOLDINGS:

ABC OPTIONS:
D9: Front Disk Brakes
F7: Barracuda Formula S Package
G0: Unknown Option
H1: Power Brakes
M2: Unknown Option
R1: AM Radio
T7: Tachometer
X1: Tinted Glass (all)
Y3: Unknown Option

abc OPTIONS:
a6: Console
b4: Bucket Seats
j4: Moulding - Body Sill Narrow
k7: Passenger Outside Manual Mirror
p6: Unknown Option

I don't know the build sheets well enough to know what each section is, nor do I have one as a reference, so I'll have to leave that bit of sleuthing to someone with more experience than I.

Seems highly optioned for sure.

-
Back