Looking at a 72 barracuda

-
My god for 9500 bucks... and it being an e-body... in that kind of shape. I don't think you're crazy at all. I actually think you got a steal!

Congrats again. Great find and a great deal. Just because you're an E-body man now, doesn't mean you have to leave us. Like others here have said, you can hang out here anytime.

My god for 9500 bucks... and it being an e-body... in that kind of shape. I don't think you're crazy at all. I actually think you got a steal!

The more I look at the car and tinker and check stuff the more I think you are right....When I bought the car I joked with the seller (after all was said anddone) that I felt like I was stealing the car....

Although looking at the interior one might have second thoughts...LOL

One thing happened today that was kind of funny....We had just rolled the car into the garage and I was in the front seat with one of my sons next to me and I pulled on the steering wheel and it came off in my hands...LOL

Looks like it was apart , maybe to service the turn signal stuff, which may need replaced....there is no lever ...have to wait till the CD manual I ordered gets here and Ican look at pics etc.,....I did notice that I can pull the steering shaft in and out a good inch orso...so need to investigate thedeal there a bit I guess.

Checked the power steering fluid in the reservoir and the stuff looks pretty good.....the return hose on the pump is cracked, so I will replace that....the high pressure hose looks good.....

Basciallydidnt do much today besides tinker....kind of like foreplay before I get into the real work ahead.....just need some parts to get started...LOL

Congrats again. Great find and a great deal. Just because you're an E-body man now, doesn't mean you have to leave us. Like others here have said, you can hang out here anytime.

Cool! Great folks here and on the e and b forums.........I dont think of myself a an "e body man"....just a "mopar guy".... :) Actually, any old car gets my revs up (pun intended).....Just happens that Mopars do it the most for me.

I am sure I will be making a pest of myself asking newbie questions as I run into stuff....I figure a lot of the stuff is shared between the platforms....plus itseems like many folks here on this forum have experience not just with a body cars but also e and b...so a great crowd to know!

LOL...you may be sorry later for saying I am welcome!:toothy10:

I really am very excited about this car.....

Congrats shadango.....looks like a very nice buy. Can't really go wrong with an E-Body.

And a big shout out to your wife for her support :love6:

Cool! Great folks here and on the e and b forums.........I dont think of myself a an "e body man"....just a "mopar guy".... :) Actually, any old car gets my revs up (pun intended).....Just happens that Mopars do it the most for me.

I am sure I will be making a pest of myself asking newbie questions as I run into stuff....I figure a lot of the stuff is shared between the platforms....plus itseems like many folks here on this forum have experience not just with a body cars but also e and b...so a great crowd to know!

LOL...you may be sorry later for saying I am welcome!:toothy10:

I really am very excited about this car.....

And they make TONS of e-body parts now... half of all the mopar stuff I see advertised is for e-bodies, haha.

-
Back