Looking at another A Body

-

RPMLegends18

Reaction score
Hey guys, been awhile. My Grandpa stumble across a 70 Duster for sale locally. The lady wants 2,000 for everything. So we just went and took a look at the car. The car is an original 340, 4 speed car with an 8 3/4" rear end. It was painted Purple Plum Crazy but since then it has been rattled canned black. The lady said her son drag raced the car. He took the 340 out and dropped in a 440. But since then the 440 has been replaced with a 225 /6. The car does not run and it looks pretty rough, but no visible rust. Trunk looks great, as well as the floor boards. So this is what comes with the car. The 340 (minus the heads, and all the accessories), a833, driveshaft, all the clutch stuff (z-bar etc), v8 K-frame, all the interior stuff that was removed for drag racing. It seems like a complete car more or less. Does it seem like a good deal? I dont have any pics of the car, only had my cell phone camera at the time.

Thanks,
Ryan

If the 340 & 4 speed are #s matching plus its an original purple car than hell ya its worth it. What would make it even better is if it had the fender tag and build sheet.

If the 340 & 4 speed are #s matching plus its an original purple car than hell ya its worth it. What would make it even better is if it had the fender tag and build sheet.

I would agree sounds like good deal if numbers matching parts are included. I would pass if they don't belong with the car.

There is no fender tag but I am gonna look for the build sheet. I am not too sure but do cars that came with the Rallye package have the round gauges? Because thats what is in this car, the factory front seat(s) is also missing. I hope the build sheet is there.

Maybe ask if there are any extra parts kicking around - you never know. Will you be getting the title - I hear that's pretty important in your area. The serial number says it all, but the ralleye dash is just more confirmation. You could also peek underneath for torque boxes as well. Without pics it doesn't sound like too a bad deal. I should think it would be relaively rust free in your area. Good luck on whatever way you go............
Daryl

-
Back