-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Anderson

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for 1968 or 1969 Formula S 340 4spd or 'cuda 340 or 383.

I'm open to most colors.

Looking for an older restoration or a running driving original car.

Looking to spend around 10K+ or(-)

Thank you,

Greg

mr. anderson..

i think your expectation of a "running" or "older restored" 68 or 69 cuda for $10k or less may be a little unrealistic. i would start thinking at the $15k level for such a car. i bought both of my s cudas - 68 and 69 off of ebay, one from oregon and the other from south carolina. but it took me almost a year to find these two cars. i paid less than $15 each and both were drivers. however, i've had these cars for over 7 years. the price for "drivers" now is around $15k. i watch the following web sites regularly for cars: autabuy, CarsOnline, cudaworld and sometimes hemmings (although the cars on hemmings are always expensive). on autabuy you can put in a link where that site notifies you when a new car is added to their ads. and there is craigs list all over the country. i would suggest you look at ads from oregon. for some reason, there are a lot of old mopars in that state.

good luck. there are still deals out there but you have to be patient and you have to have cash on hand to grab a good deal when you see it. actually, i just bought a 68 cuda here on FABO about 3 months ago. FABO actually has the best deals on barracudas that i've seen.

just a bit of "lawyerly" advice. if you run across a good deal, write up a simple sales contract with the price and vin # and send it to the seller to sign and then send him a quick deposit. i actually had to sue the guy out in oregon to go through with my 68 sale because he tried to back out at the last minute. if you have a signed contract and paid a deposit to the seller you have an enforceable contract. these cars are getting more valuable so you have to do things legally.

good luck...

This thread that you're responding to is from 2010..........:eek:ops:

that's too funny.... :0).... thanks for the up-date....

i guess i just have too much time on my hands ... or maybe i just can't read....

that's too funny.... :0).... thanks for the up-date....

i guess i just have too much time on my hands ... or maybe i just can't read....

It happens and it's usually a newbie that bumps the old thread :)

Maybe Mr.Anderson will join us again sometime LOL

you know i thought "mr. anderson" was being unrealistic with his price range but i have seen a few very good deals on ebay in the last couple or weeks. maybe the market is slowing down a bit for a bodies .... hope so ... i'd like to see more folks be able to enjoy old mopars without having to get a second mortgage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back