Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob67Barracuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
cuda.jpg

What is my 1967 Barracuda missing? Formula S emblems, of course. Who's got a pair to spare?

You need to specify horizontal or vertical studs. I'm pretty sure 67 should have horizontal studs, but I'm not sure. Mine is not an original "S" and has vertical studs.

Ha, there's always something more to learn.

So this car is not a factory Formula S. But it's got the 8 3/4 rear end & Sure Grip & I just added the "cooler" hubcaps with the chrome lugs exposed (pic below) ... so I'm close to S clone territory. Does that mean I'll need to (very carefully!) create my own stud holes for the S emblems, and therefore can use either the vertical or horizontal version? Or are the stud holes already under there and I need to make sure I get the correct alignment?

wheel-e1363450766769.jpg

If your car isn't a Formula S, the holes for the emblem will not be there.

You have some options:

Drill Holes.
-or-
Remove the emblem studs and use an automotive adhesive. (This is what I would do.) It removes the worry about drilling in the wrong location and allows them to be removed later.

Thanks for the info! Just learned from my co-owner that you can peer down through the engine bay and see stud holes (horizontal) on the back side of the fender ... perhaps those were for V-EIGHT or Commando V8 emblems ... wondering now if those studs would be same width as the S emblem studs ... or whether it even matters at this point ... drill new holes, or go the adhesive route.

No., they are a different width and are in different location. Is it a commando car?
I have the dimension for the formula-s emblem pin locations I will look in my files today and post it here.

using the right fender from the center of the pentastar hole to bottom FS emblem stud is 4-1/2” and 6” exactly to top stud, which should put the bottom of the emblem circle to the lower ridge at 1-3/8 in”. Make a paper template and do the left.

The V8 and Commando V8 emblems fit the same holes. I think I still have one "S" emblem with the horizontal studs somewhere in the pile-o-parts, but I suspect the spacing is the same as the vertical studs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back