Looking for 8 3/4 stock A-body rear

-

swest

Reaction score
looking for 8 3/4 stock rear for a-body.

Need all of it, housing axles, center unit (if good gear and SG).

Cheers
Steven

I have some but shipping is rough

Please forgive me, but I too have a Dart that I would like to install an 8 3/4 rear assembly in. What cars can these be salvaged from that would fix both SWEST and my car?

Nice Highjack! lol .

Trust me if I lived in the US i would have a no problem finding one, here in Canada they are Barrett Jackson auction worthy! :) And shipping is a killer over the border.

I found my 2 on Kijiji.ca.I had to drive over an hour both times to pick them up.One was just a housing and the other you could tell was old and frozen to the ground for yrs.Finding these around here are very hard to come by.I,ve also bought a C-body 8 3/4 and had it narrowed and bought new axels.If your not running to much HP(over 350hp)maybe look for a 8 1/4 from a 73-76 A-body.Also another tip for brakes..you can use parts from an 87 -88 Dakota.I bought new from the dealer.Good luck.

Please forgive me, but I too have a Dart that I would like to install an 8 3/4 rear assembly in. What cars can these be salvaged from that would fix both SWEST and my car?

A Body 8.75s could be found in late 65s through 72s. I've pulled them out of 2 late build 65s (one was a build date of 7/23) as well as later A's.

lol im willing to drive too, looking around 500 hp so need the 8 3/4. Ill keep looking and cross my fingers, have the car on jackstands and this is my last obstacle to get on the ground.

-
Back