looking for a better way

-

65cudalover

Reaction score
Having problems with car starting, may be orange box fried. I am waitng on replacement from Napa (funny how they now have there own brand ones) Warrentied for a year. Is there a better electronic ignition set up then mopar performance one. Seems no problems with distributor or ballast resistor just orange box. Mine is not that old but seems to be source of poor spark, all else seems to check out volts to other spots checks out good on tester, we thought it might be bad ground. I am waiting on new box to see if it cures issue starting. Was running fine before I parked it. There has to be a more reliable set up, MSD? regular street car 318 in 65 cuda formula s, nothing fancy on my part. Whats the consensus from the mopar gurus?

I like the Mopar stuff. But, I will as in the past, take a spare coil, ballast and ECU box in the trunk when my car hits the road. Just somethin I've always done. It does seem they have a higher rate of failures nowadays. Probably like everything else, the MP electronic ignition is most likely out sourced overseas for cheaper pricing, also resulting in cheaper quality.

-
Back