Looking for A-body stock car (roundy-round) pics!

-
Ive bought 90% of the parts for my dirt car on FB... there are some great for sale pages.
Meh... don't really wanna get back on that again. Might hafta set up a dummy account to find parts and stuff.

Kit car advertisement. And not an A Body, but cool car to model.
Chryslerkitcar_01.jpg
Ernhart Petty Challenger.jpg

I'm no expert, but big block chivvy power?
Yes, they were cheap back then and made more than enough power without a lot of mods. At one time that was about the only motor you saw in modifieds like that. Lots of places had a special division for "small blocks", AKA the guys who couldn't afford a "real" race car. Of course 95% of them ran Chevies too!

I'm no expert, but big block chivvy power?
yep,,,99% had 467 chevys,,a cpl used 426 hemi,,,but pretty much every modified up here in the northeast ran 467 bb chevy, regardless of body,,(vega, gremlins, pintos, chevettes, falcons, valiants, 3w coupes, 2 door sedans,,

I did a Hyper Pak Valiant years ago, these are scratch built decals. And a resin intake before Gibson did a slant.
HyperPacF.jpg
HyperPacSide.jpg

I've been patiently waiting for @Oldmanmopar to bless me with some A-body pics of short-track cars.. he has to have a few in that massive stash of Mopar pics he has!
Begging ya guy!
Promise I won't try to buy anything form you! :)

There is a seller on ebay who does this decal and the petty cars. 7 Cars, that would be a sight!

yep,,,99% had 467 chevys,,a cpl used 426 hemi,,,but pretty much every modified up here in the northeast ran 467 bb chevy, regardless of body,,(vega, gremlins, pintos, chevettes, falcons, valiants, 3w coupes, 2 door sedans,,

Wish someone had dragged me to the track in those days!
The videos of pintos, vegas, and gremlins are pretty cool.
Of course a Mopar powered car would be awesome too!

It's either that or a Ford Cleveland. Chevy more likely.
Nobody with half a brain would run a Ford motor in a car like that. Someone trying to use what they had laying around maybe. But nobody really serious about winning. Not in that type of car.

Nobody with half a brain would run a Ford motor in a car like that. Someone trying to use what they had laying around maybe. But nobody really serious about winning. Not in that type of car.

Easy boy. lol

Really, I know a guy that used to try and run 351-C Ford motors in his modified. Nothing but one problem after another. Spent more money too. He was like one car out of 50. And he even got a weight break for running something other than a BBC/SBC. He never had any success.

-
Back