Looking for a certain battery disconnect switch

-

jos51700

Green Bearing thread connoisseur
Reaction score
I came across this photo from several years ago. A guy had it under the hood of his '93 Ram Cummins. Has anybody seen one like this or know where to spec it?
Thanks
JOS
1700408041982.jpeg

That is not a "certain" disconnect, there are several / many like it. Moroso, to name one, I have not kept up on the current opinion with "what is best." Cole Hearse used to be a good brand. Some used to be good brands are now chineseoized

IF YOU ARE going NHRA racing, I highly recommend you do some searching for the best opinions AND GET ONE WITH FOUR terminals, CORRECTLY known as DPST, which means, "double pole--single throw". What that means is that it switches TWO circuits (double pole) and only has one function, On/ off "single throw."

Disconnects just like this were used since I was a young grade school student in trucks and school buses. I'm 75

That is not a "certain" disconnect, there are several / many like it. Moroso, to name one, I have not kept up on the current opinion with "what is best." Cole Hearse used to be a good brand. Some used to be good brands are now chineseoized

IF YOU ARE going NHRA racing, I highly recommend you do some searching for the best opinions AND GET ONE WITH FOUR terminals, CORRECTLY known as DPST, which means, "double pole--single throw". What that means is that it switches TWO circuits (double pole) and only has one function, On/ off "single throw."

Disconnects just like this were used since I was a young grade school student in trucks and school buses. I'm 75

What kind of amperage for something like a Cummins truck with intake heaters and all that crap? I'm assuming the starter wire still runs direct.

No idea. I would get yourself to an actual truck shop. AKA one that works on big rigs. Be sure that you want one. Will it discharge the computer memory?

And yes, I have an 01 with two factory batteries. One hot cable from battery no. 2 jumps across to the main battery, and then right down to the starter

If you are concerned about amperage, you could split them. Put in two switches, one in each ground cable.

-
Back