-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeryst

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a console tach for a 67-69 Mopar, specifically a Dart, but I believe they are all the same for
all models for those 3 years.

Please dont point me towards ebay or craigslist.

I have a lot of e-body (mostly Challenger) parts if someone is interested in a trade.

Be aware when looking at them that there are two different tachs. The housing is the same, but in 1966 (B-body and possibly C-body) required a separate sending unit and will not work without it.

V8 Darts with console (GT or GTS) could be fitted with the tach from 67-69 and they differ from those in B or C bodies in that they have an additional pedestal lifting the tach off the console top plate about 1/2". There may or may not be reproductions of this pedestal available. Replacement circuit boards are available from Real Time Engineering, but not reproductions of the entire tach. I just looked Friday as I sold my spare (empty) housing for what the tach was worth twenty years ago........It did go with an NOS lens, though.

Good luck with your search. If you have any other questions, just ask. I also sold the tach and console I have been holding onto since 1981 last year.

I have seen repop pedestals for sale. If I get a non-Dart tach, can I make it work by using one of those pedestals, or is the housing itself different?

The housing is the same. I haven't seen repop pedestals for sale since the 90s, but then again I haven't been looking for one, either. I had a guy custom machine one for me because I loaned him my original. I kept the machined one and sold the original with the tach and console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back