Looking for a driveshaft (maybe a trade)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Map63Vette

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I have a driveshaft in my 67 Dart that I believe is originally out of a 73-76 Duster or something similar. It measures approximately 52.75" between the center of the U-joint yokes, and according to this page:
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/upload2/4563759-PartNoDriveshafts.pdf
it would be out of a 73-76 Duster or Dart Sport with a small block and an 833 4 speed or a 904 auto with an 8 1/4 rear end. The shaft fits in my car, but it is a very tight fit and I would like something closer to the correct size. Going by the same site above, I need something that's around 51.5" from U joint center to center to fit my 67 Dart with a small block, 4 speed, and 8 3/4 rear end. Ideally I would like to just straight up swap someone shafts if possible, but if not I would be interested in buying the correct size. Local (66049, northeast Kansas) would be nice, or I would be willing to drive 50 miles or so to meet someone. I think shipping is probably going to be difficult due to the large size. PM'ing me would be the best way to get ahold of me, but I'll try to check back here as well. Thanks for any help you guys and gals can provide.

Edit:
I forgot to mention that the shaft I have uses the 7260 size U joints. I would like to keep the same u joint size on a new shaft so that I don't need to change the rear end pinion yoke if possible.

Okay, thanks for checking it out for me. Also, unless your location in your avatar lies, you might check what shipping would be like. I guess it wouldn't be very hard to just toss it in a tube with some packing peanuts. I may try to do some searching around local salvage yards, but it's really pretty much a crapshoot for old cars, especially Mopars...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back