Looking for a good aluminum polish...

-

swinger340

Reaction score
Have some polished aluminum Mopar Performance valve covers that have a little discoloring. Want to get them shining like a mirror. What is a good method and brand of polish that will do so? Thanks for any tips.

Almost everything on my engine was polished til I got tired and now I say, as long as it runs I'm happy..

Wenol for me.....

Many years ago I used Semichrome. Not sure if it's still made, but the Wenol is the closest I've found to it.

Wenol.

Works decent on faded plastic headlight covers too.

Semi chrome

When I was polishing the aluminum on my prowler I tried lots of different brands and nothing I tried compared to semi chrome

Try motorcycle shop

Have some polished aluminum Mopar Performance valve covers that have a little discoloring. Want to get them shining like a mirror. What is a good method and brand of polish that will do so? Thanks for any tips.

send me your address

Before polishing I use Double "00) steel wool works great on pitted chrone too. Cheap enough and sure th effort:violent1:

Met-all Aluminum polish works great. My Dad's company used to use it on their company aircraft

Attachments

• met-all polish.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 232
Go to a truck stop and find the cleanest shiney big rig, then ask him what he uses..............

If they are real bad I use semichrome followed up by mothers.

Semichrome does more of a deep clean and mothers has a better shine.

Right now I am polishing a pair of M/T valve covers , starting with a 7in wheel on a grinder with white compound then will finish with had rubbed mothers

First off, it's "Simichrome", and secondly, most of this stuff must be regional, because of all these listed, Simichrome and Mother's are all I've seen around here.

First off, it's "Simichrome", and secondly, most of this stuff must be regional, because of all these listed, Simichrome and Mother's are all I've seen around here.

if its really bad all you need is wenol only one polish ,

if its really bad all you need is wenol only one polish ,

Wenol showed up today. Did a practice run on a section of one of the covers. Very little time and that section is shining like a mirror. Thank you for the sample, it seems to work very well

I used Mother's from any auto store. It worked well for me when making aluminum parts on the baja car and making them really shiny. Just needs a little elbow grease.

-
Back