Looking for a good shop to do speedometer and gauge restoration

-

bikersully

Reaction score
I have a 1970 340 Dart Swinger. The car has the original rally dash and I am looking for some references for a shop that does speedometer and gauge restoration. Any recommendations?
Any leads on where I can find an original tachometer?

I have a place we use at the shop that is very good. I asked him if they could fix mine and he said they couldn't do it. I have heard of Dash Worx, but nothing good. I don't have any personal experience with them, though. Wish I could help. If you find a place, I would like to know as well. I have a couple I'd like fixed.

are the gauges bad or just need refacing and calibration? You might want to try Ben at http://www.demonivr.com/

I know where there is a factory tach but it is completely restored with upgraded components. I think he is in it over 400 just for the resto. ugh

I have used the tachman on most of my restorations. However, when I asked him about working on a 68 barracuda cluster he said no. Something about parts being hard to get. Dont know why A body parts are harder than E boby parts.

I used Redline gauge works (redlinegaugeworks.com) for a rebuild on a 1968 R\T they do exellent work. A their the same people that Chip Foose use, I don't think you will be disappointed.

I could plug Instrument Specialties, Steves Speedo and Tach, and West Valley Instruments.
You will learn that some will take in any instrument panel, others wont touch this particular instrument panel, and one that specializes in this particular panel.
Good luck

-
Back