looking for a picture of this piece

-

66Dvert

Working on my custom car parts again!
Reaction score
as stated I'm getting ready to start working more on the dart and have a picture (sort of off of ebay) of 1 of the parts I'm looking to get made for me. it's the top boot filler piece that goes on the top of the sidepanel that hides the cylinders and other stuff on a 63-66 dart or valiant convertible. I'd like a "from the top looking down view so I can explain it to the vacuformer guy I'm going to see and hopefully use to make some parts up for me and others, I have a list of things (parts that hook onto the side panel up to the side panel made out of plastic)that I want to make for the early A convertibles and this is just one of them.
thanks here is a laying down picture of the part in question
andf the plastic piece that goes to the trim that crosses through the writing in the picture.
View attachment toppiece for convertible panel looking ofr.jpg

Dis be da critter you're lookin fer?? I need the other side when you git em' made. Apparently I wern't a payin' attention to details when I got these side panels. Hope it's in the car somewhere!!! I'll ship it to ya if ya need it if you promise to ship it back!!! Geof

Attachments

• 100_4717.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 100_4718.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 100_4719.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 100_4720.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 243
  • 100_4721.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 226
Dis be da critter you're lookin fer?? I need the other side when you git em' made. Apparently I wern't a payin' attention to details when I got these side panels. Hope it's in the car somewhere!!! I'll ship it to ya if ya need it if you promise to ship it back!!! Geof
yep that's the beast!

best you hold off on shipping it to me right now, until I get a firm commitment from the vacuformer guy and make another side to match.

I can give him the spec's and see if it'll be cheaper than an arm & leg price. so far he's been high to fair on prices of running the parts but making molds to run them was a stone B#$@H for money costs 300-500 for a small part and up the bigger it gets. so I'm back to mold making to save a few bucks. (plus I want the piece iin 2 sizes . 1 step thicker in the plastic range to make sure it doesn't break and then again in stock thickness if I can find it exactly for the restorers.
but he's one of the very few that will run small runs(one guy's in vermont and this guy's local). most others won't even touch it for less than 5000 pieces. and to be truthful I'm not sure there ARE 5000 convertibles out there for 66. there might be for 63-66 but barely.
I have to go back to the vacuformer guy and see what he thinks($$$) about doing a run of 50 set's for me. he won't run little stuff unless it 50 or more. If worst comes to worst I'll see if I can get it from you to make a cast mold for that side and see if I can duplicate it for the other side. then ship you yours back and a new set when they get run. Making those and the outer top cover for the side panel has turned into a major project. heck he said the side panel itself would be easier to make that the top cover piece.(and I'm thinking about that made out of hard to break plastic too!, the side panel that is.) the top outer cheap plastic that covers the side panel is one of the hardest pieces to mold up since it's got 2 undercuts and will cost even more than the bigger side panel itself.

I'm asked him if he can just make them all one piece and his reply was that it'd all have texture.. that wouldn't work for me or anyone else, dangit!

Those covers are already being reproduced......

I have two pairs in stock on our warehouse shelf, and we carry them on our show truck so they are available at our vendor tent at car shows.

DZ-636CFC, 63-66 A-body convertible side panel covers, sold in pairs, $39.00/pair

Attachments

• DZ-636CFC vert side panel covers.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 209
Yes, the repops were patterned off the originals and are the same thickness.

Unfortunately, the top pieces you have outlined are not re-popped.

And, it's Rick @ Layson's to the rescue again!!

Thanks, Rick, even though I have those pieces.

ATB

BC
yeah I'll get me a set of those as soon as the budget allows.

but I really want to redo the pieces that isn't repoped.
It's gonna cost a small fortune to get a mold made to do those. last time I checked it was a grand for a short run fiberglass mold(about 30 pieces tops before repair) and double that for a good extended run epoxy mold. the darn things are double undercut and they are deep cuts at that. I'm working with the guy now to see if he'll let me layup a mold that he can use so I can save a little money.

-
Back