Status
Not open for further replies.

cuda guy

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all

I got screwed from a vender at Moparfest from Quebec he sold me what was suspose to be a mopar a body manual steering column and guess what it was from a powering steering car so now I need and adapter.

I'm in Toronto Ontario

Any advise would be help full

I have a new one that has never been on a car for a project that went bust. PM if you want it and I'll get you a price.

Have one I’m not going to use. Never mounted. Pm me if interested.

No, I believe it really is a joke... The shaft is held in the assembly by plastic shear pins, its made that way so that if you are in an accident and hit the steering wheel the assembly will collapse, that's why in the casing for the assembly there is a section that looks like a mesh (it will give and collapse also). Doing what is suggested compromises an important, if little known safety feature of your A body.

No, I believe it really is a joke...

No, it's not a joke.... and what your talking about is it's designed so the shaft doesn't get shoved through the steering wheel and into a persons chest spearing them, the shafts slide like a slip yoke. Extending it doesn't stop this function from happening, but if anything gives it more length to function and less spearing..LOL...…

but makes no difference to me. :)

Last edited:
Hi all

I got screwed from a vender at Moparfest from Quebec he sold me what was suspose to be a mopar a body manual steering column and guess what it was from a powering steering car so now I need and adapter.

I'm in Toronto Ontario

Any advise would be help full

What year car, or did I miss something? Maybe that is where the confusion developed on the "joke." Must be an answer somewhere. I heard that early 90s Mopar vans have an extension which will work. Do not know for sure. Mopar Vans, I have been told, had a length shaft for power steering, and they added an extension for a van with manual. I do not know if there is any truth to this. Does anyone know? Thanks. sgrip65

Don't be Neanderthal Man. Get the right part.
Steering and brakes are pretty important...yes-no ?
Have you contacted daves66valiant ?
I'll vouch for him. Good guy, and has the correct part.
Send him a PM.

Don't be Neanderthal Man. Get the right part.
Steering and brakes are pretty important...yes-no ?
Have you contacted daves66valiant ?
I'll vouch for him. Good guy, and has the correct part.
Send him a PM.

Indeed, safety, the right part. Yes, that is what I was told on the van extensions...that they would work, but, safety first. sgrip65

Indeed, safety, the right part. Yes, that is what I was told on the van extensions...that they would work, but, safety first. sgrip65
I have already started the process of buy the correct part of of Dave
My daughter is just helping me set up a paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back