Looking for a project? Look no further!

-

cruiser

Reaction score
MoBros and MoSis':
I just got back from a visit to my very favorite junkyard in Wilmar MN where I scored some nice vintage parts for my patina slant six engine that I'm building. I was fortunate enough to run across a few project cars which you might be interested in and wanted to pass along my findings to my Mopar brethren. Here are a few pix for your approval. First is a 1970 Challenger. I'm thinking it may need quarters. Next is a blue '72 Challenger. Probably needs quarters as well. The third image is today's two for one special: Two Chargers for one low, low price. You have to unstack them yourself however. The fourth shot is another angle of the Chargers. They may need a bit of tin work, unless you're really good with bondo. If so, you can save a bundle on body panels from AMD. The fifth photo is more Chargers stacked on top of a Valiant. You could probably negotiate a pretty good price on the set of three. And next (for those of you with no taste) is a Ford Country Squire wagon that I could get you into for about $75.00. Finally, I asked the owner about a carb I was looking for (Holley 1945 for my '74 Duster) and he said "Just go out to the tenth school bus on the left. I think it's a Chevy bus. Anyhow, there's probably some carbs in there". So I went out to have a look, and here's what the inside of the bus looked like. Do you think there's a Holley 1945 somewhere in there? So there you have it. Jump on one of those E - bodies and you may have it ready for show season. Good luck!

IMG_4701.jpeg

IMG_4702.jpeg

IMG_4703.jpeg

IMG_4704.jpeg

IMG_4705.jpeg

IMG_4706.jpeg

IMG_4707.jpeg

What's the deal with the blue Barracuda fastback right behind that Challenger?

Looks like it's in much better shape.

That's what you call a sho nuff junkyard.

What's the deal with the blue Barracuda fastback right behind that Challenger?

Looks like it's in much better shape.
Yeah, I was surprised at how complete some of them were. Saw an older Barracuda with that gigantic rear window that was surprisingly nice.

Sho nuff!
Just look at those carburetors. You think any of them are worth anything? I used to know a yard near here that was like that and they always wanted three times what things were worth and all they had was junk. I mean seriously, How long would it take to tag something and put it neatly on a shelf? lol

Been there myself several times , got some parts that were not ruined ..good time to stomp around but, snow is on the way

MoBros and MoSis':
I just got back from a visit to my very favorite junkyard in Wilmar MN where I scored some nice vintage parts for my patina slant six engine that I'm building. I was fortunate enough to run across a few project cars which you might be interested in....
And next (for those of you with no taste) is a Ford Country Squire wagon that I could get you into for about $75.00.

View attachment 1716222052
As one of, if not the only, Ford guy around here, I have to admit that that one actually caught my eye! :lol:

But more as in I recognized it, not that I'm actually interested in it....

Last edited:
^^^ Ha!!! After 76 years with Mopars I am back at my roots with a FORD!!!! :thumbsup::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:OK so I still have a Mopar or two. They call it the circle of life. I must be getting close to the end of that circle!!!

I have had a couple or so RUST FREE Mopars from Mn. and S.D. bought back in the 90s. OK so they were not 55 -60 years old back then!!!! But that is a story for another day (no one would believe it anyway!)

-
Back