[WANTED] looking for Abody 4 speed parts.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

eviper21

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
So I have a 4 speed trans. Pretty sure its an OD unit. I bought what i thought was the right bell housing and an Abody pedal set on here...the bell housing register is too small and the pedal set ended up being hacked up beyond salvation. Kinda my fault for making an ignorant buy. :eek:ops:

Anyways. If anyone wants to trade, I have an aluminum bell housing with the smaller register (for non OD im assuming) or if anyone has a bell housing with the larger register for sale im lookin for one.

Also need 4 speed pedals for an ABODY please.
Abody 4 speed hump
And trans mount.

I actually need a whole set up but just trying to get the conversion started and trans mounted for now

So I have a 4 speed trans. Pretty sure its an OD unit. I bought what i thought was the right bell housing and an Abody pedal set on here...the bell housing register is too small and the pedal set ended up being hacked up beyond salvation. Kinda my fault for making an ignorant buy. :eek:ops:

Anyways. If anyone wants to trade, I have an aluminum bell housing with the smaller register (for non OD im assuming) or if anyone has a bell housing with the larger register for sale im lookin for one.

Abody 4 speed hump
And trans mount.

I actually need a whole set up but just trying to get the conversion started and trans mounted for now

I have the whole conversion, I would also part it out, I have:

Pedal set up

aluminum bellhousing

whole tranny

tranny mount

turnable flywheel

pm me for details

Abody 4 speed hump
And trans mount.

You should give year and engine as it can make a difference.

The IBR { input bearing retainer } on most O.D. transmissions is 5.125. Most small block bell housings are 4.30. The aluminum bell can be opened up to around 4.70 and the O.D. IBR can be turned down to 4.80 to make it work. There are other solutions, and Im sure some one else will chime in.
:coffee2:

Abody 4 speed hump
And trans mount.

I have a four speed hump im not going to use I payed 65 for it at a swap meet I take that for it plus shipping.

Sorry, heres some info.

Its a 73 duster. Slant six to 318 conversion. 67 la block with a 71 crank.

Slick chick, brewers told me i could do that, but just seeing if i could get the correct bell housing on trade or cheap (then sell my aluminum) so i dont have to cut anything in case of future sale. But that will be my next option.

Mr dodge, thanks mines a 73 though

Mr dodge, brewers shows different pedal assembies for 63-66, 67-69, 70-72, 73-75, and up. I dont know what all the difference is, but its kind of annoying trying to piece things together haha. I can get parts for my 65 bug like its a honda civic.

yea mine came from a 67.... Actually I have a set up in a 73 duster, just gotta pull it out

Sorry, heres some info.

Its a 73 duster. Slant six to 318 conversion. 67 la block with a 71 crank.

Check your crank's pilot hole,, make sure it's drilled for a manual trans,, or you may need to trim your transmissions imput shaft, and use alternate pilot bearing.. Serious engine damage may occur if over-looked.. see link

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=274784

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=274498&highlight=thrust+bearing

hope it helps

Slick chick, brewers told me i could do that, but just seeing if i could get the correct bell housing on trade or cheap (then sell my aluminum) so i dont have to cut anything in case of future sale. But that will be my next option.

What would you have to cut pending what bell housing you use?

The original 10.5" small block bellhousing cast #3743859 to fit 1975-6 A-body/1975-80 F-body/1976-80 truck 318/360 A-833 overdrive applications, 5.125" bearing retainer opening, uses 130 tooth flywheel. You will also need the frame side torque shaft ballstud reinforcement bracket (welds to frame rail on all 1967-76 A-body cars) and the overdrive bellhousing fork pivot. If I remember correctly you can use 67-74 pedal assy, call Brewers Performance to be sure. Of course 73 or 74 would be correct and best. The rest is just 73 Duster stuff. Check the crank as posted above, it can be fixed easily now, either way you go.

Pntastar69, my bell housing has the small register hole. Id have to machine out the hole and machine down the bearing register on the trans to make it work.

66fs, thanks for the info. I really dont wanna go through getting the wrong parts again to any info helps. Plus ima do a little more research this time around. Id buy everything direct from brewers but unfortunatley my budget doesnt support that

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back