Looking for an Assembly Manual

-

Mattwood440

Reaction score
What is the best, most detailed, assembly manual for the 72 Duster. I have both of the 72 Plymouth Chassis and Body service manuals and I'm not impressed. I also have a Haynes manual for general reference. I'm trying to go back to stock and some things are missing from my car. For example, the insulator pad above the fuel tank. I had no idea what it even looked like until I did a search on this forum. Is there something that would show me a part like that with having to search every corner of the web?

The Mopar parts book has illustrations of most of the parts, not sure if the fuel tank pad is one of them. But it has expanded diagrams of most of the various components in there

You can find one for ‘72 and other years here

Parts Manuals – MyMopar

There are a couple of FACTORY manuals that you may be able to dig up.

1...The factory/ dealer parts manual. You can download some of them free, from MyMopar.com. If not you can find some originals here and there, ebay, etc, and you can find reprints. Search

2...The elusive factory "assembly manual" There is an outfit that reprints them, BUT I WAS ENTIRELY DISAPPOINTED because they have infested EVERY diagram on EVERY page with intrusive watermarks WHICH MAKES reading them VERY difficult.

EDIT The ebay link above is the very outfit, Faxon

Link to their website

Here is what I had to say about the Faxon reprint, with a couple of examples

Notice that the watermarks are VERY intrusive and slopped over the top of all diagrams

reviewfaxon1-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
@72bluNblu that's something I hadn't seen. Thanks!

@Professor Fate. Faxon. Got it. I will read your review @67Dart273

Thanks again!
Faxon is just one- as I said, "for example". Originals show up from time to time, but the reprints can sometimes be your best, or only, option. They may be annoying, but when it's your only choice you can learn to look past it. Kinda like new EQ heads: they may not be as good as the originals, but you make do with what's available.

-
Back