Looking for Cam Curve Data for XE262H

-

Reddartowner

UCF Alumni....Go Knights!
Reaction score
I'm looking for someone who has fully degreed a Comp Cams XE262H cam in a big block (preferably a 383, but any B motor would be fine). I need the lift vs. crank position data so I can input it into an AutoCAD file I built to check piston to valve clearance for a 383 I'm building. I want to check the clearance before I have my new heads shaved .030 to bring up the compression. I could bolt the heads on, check the clearance, and then send them to the machinist to have them cut, but it would be nice to not have to waste a head gasket and a bunch of time if I can do this mathematically..... As mild as this cam is, I don't think I'll have a problem, but I'd like to know BEFORE I have the heads cut.

So, anyone have this data..?

Thanks.....

I think you're overthinking... and it's impossible to do mathematically unless you have all the empirical data like actual length of each crank throw, actual length of each rod, actual bore/piston clearance, exact deck height for each cylinder... IMO you don't need to worry - there's no 383 piston that will get close to that cam unless it's a custom race domed unit or the block was decked a LOT. But if you do want to make sure (and I applaud the effort) then just pull the head and measure. You may get lucky and be able to reuse the head gasket. so you'd only be out the intake bathtub.

If you want to do it on a currently built/running engine. 2 checking springs and a dial indicator can get the job done.

That's a pretty mild cam. The lobe lift at tdc is ~.060 or less, so the valve would be off the seat less than ~.090.

I did a quick run of the numbers on an Excel spreadsheet, and valve clearance is not going to be even remotely a problem. I could even go to 1.6 rockers and not have any issues with shaving the heads.... Clearances never get less that about 0.3 inches due to the big valve pocket in the KB pistons.

-
Back