[Found!] Looking for Carter BBS single barrel, w/U-shaped linkage for throttle arm (not cable type) 1963.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dailydriver

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Have a 1963 Valiant with a slant 6 and a Holley 1920. Looking to replace the Holley with a Carter BBD from the same era with the same U-shaped linkage bracket that the throttle arm connects to. I think this was only used from 61-63 (not sure) and I'm not seeing any around. I'm looking to switch from Holley to Carter and avoid converting to a cable if possible. If you have one in any condition send me a message, photos are appreciated.

I'm attaching photos of the Holley with the U Shaped bracket I'm talking about circled.

Also, if anyone knows another way to do what I am trying to do feel free to let me know. I almost think I could cut the bracket off the Holley and weld it onto a Carter with the cable-style linkage.

Scammers, don't bother.

IMG_6805.jpg

IMG_6806.jpg

I pretty sure there is no such animal. The BBD is a 2 bbl carb. A 2 bbl carb was not available on the slant six until after 1966. 1966 was the last year the "twisty" linkage was used. There might have been a non USA application of the BBD with that linkage, but I don't know. You can remove that bracket from the single barrel carb and attach it to the BBD. I did that with a Holley 4412 500 cfm 2bbl.

Oh, I think I meant BBS, not BBD. Whatever you call the single-barrel Carter on slant sixes in 1963, and I believe they still used the "twisty" throttle linkage instead of the cable. Here is one linked below, and a photo too. I would buy this, but it is rebuild and return only; no carb actually available.

How did you get that bracket off and attached to another carb? I might consider doing that.

Chrysler, 1962-1966, 170

ND146A-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back