looking for emblems,seals,locks....

-

PWN

Reaction score
I'm looking for a plymouth hood emblem correct for the 64 cuda. The one I have now must've fallen off at some point because the previous owner put a phillips screw right through it at the pivot point....not even sure it could be saved but trying to track one of these down on the net has been a waste of time...

Also looking for window seals/trim that go between the rear and front side windows. Think they were chrome but I'm missing 1 side completely and the driver side piece is almost toast so I cant really tell. I would also be interested in front and rear windshield seals.

As for the locks......the key was lost at some point so the previous owner had a new ignition installed, leaving me with no way to unlock the side doors or trunk. Can a new set of keys be cut to fit the original locks or should I just start from scratch and replace everything so I only need 1 key? If there was a way to use the original locks and somehow get the old ignition back that would be ideal...

Thanks for looking

Hood Emblem and Window trim will be harder to find, will need to keep an eye out for car in junk yard, craigs list, e-bay or post a wanted add over in swap meet section on FABO.

Windshield seals are available. Steele-Rubber carries them as do some of the other suppliers.

A good locksmith can build a key to fit the lock. You may need to remove the cylindar for him. Depending on whether he has the tumbler parts, he may be able to re-key your doors to match the ignition. Last time I had this done, I found the oldest locksmith in town. The younger guys I talked to just looked at me like I was crazy for even asking. Some people get it, some dont.

I answered your request for a hood emblem in the want-ad section. I have the hood release lever assy. also if you need it. I'll check on the glass dividers. they're stainless....not chrome. Mine won't have nice weatherstrips but those are available new. Matching the ignition key with the doors is easy for any locksmith. If you were closer, you could bring them to me to do! The trunk lock is a different story. I don't know anyone with the parts to do those. You need a new face bezel to rekey them. There is no access cover to remove to get the pins out. you have to pry the face bezel off which usually ruins them. The '66-73 trunk locks will fit fine.....they just look a little different and use a different key blank. Those should be available just about anywhere.

-
Back