Looking for Help With Convertor In Socal

-

petegbeeman

Reaction score
Hi, while prepping my Dart to race at the Fall Fling here in Los Angeles on Sat, my starter chewed up my torque convertor teeth something fierce. Long shot here, but I'm looking for a convertor to put behind my 410" stroker(904). Just thought I'd check in case someone in Socal has one laying around. I was set on running Sat at Irwindale. Motor made 590hp, and I was hoping to spray 100 shot.

Thanks, Pete

Have a new ring gear welded on.......fight a local converter rebuilder ..

Call chino hills transmission and ask for Greg. He should be able to get you fixed up.

Thanks for all the help. Greg at Chino Hills Transmission is gonna weld on a new ring gear. Time to get to work. Pete
Excellent. Glad to help. FYI Greg has been doing trans work for me (and my shop trucks) for a long time. He is good. See you at irwindale on Saturday. What car should I look for?

Excellent. Glad to help. FYI Greg has been doing trans work for me (and my shop trucks) for a long time. He is good. See you at irwindale on Saturday. What car should I look for?

Thanks again to all who chimed in. I wasn't even aware I could get the ring gear replaced. Greg seemed like a good egg on the phone. He said he'd turn it around in a day then told me to get busy.

Here's my 65 Dart. Please come by so I can thank you. Hell, I'll even let you sit in the vintage folding chair!

Pete

59080882080__068743CC-32F5-4842-9498-E9E928EA09F4.jpg

I’m in for a vintage chair relaxation spot. I’ll hold you to that. See ya Saturday.

Man I was entered and ready to go and my stupid trailer failed me.... have fun!

CRAP! just saw city of Irwindale pulled the plug on the event!!!

CRAP! just saw city of Irwindale pulled the plug on the event!!!
Yep, me too. Bummer. Well, I intended on sending my convertor back to Dynamic to have it re-tooled for my new motor, so I guess the time is now! It's out and on the bench.

Yep, me too. Bummer. Well, I intended on sending my convertor back to Dynamic to have it re-tooled for my new motor, so I guess the time is now! It's out and on the bench.

you might want to talk to Dice Converters about doing the work.....since they are local...

-
Back