looking for info on magnum small block

-

mopar65

Reaction score
Well this is my engine question so please be easy on me. well i planed on installing a 440 etc into my 73 dart. but it is hard when you have little to no money lol. allso i gave the 318 engine out of my 73 dart to my son for his birth day. allso my car came with a 12.5.1 340 short block that only needs a set of heads to make it run. But i would really like to keep my car streetable. so i was thinking about trying to sell my 340 short block and buy me a 360 magnum motor out of a truck,van etc. so with that is there a one year magnum motor better than the rest? or they all pretty much the same. I know i will have to change the truck pan to a car pan and the front cover. allso i will get a new intake for it allso. but is there anything elese i am forgetting?? sorry for all the questions i have just been a big block guy. here is a pick of my car. thanks Mopar658)

oops sorry here is the pick. thanks Mopar65

dart 4 (Small).jpg

If you plan to run a mechanical fuel pump you will need the kit for the end of the camshaft from hughes engines.

If it is an automatic you will need the correct externally balanced flexplate for a 360 magnum (or weld the weights from mopar performance on the converter.

I think I would tear down the 340 and look for a new set of pistons to make a street friendly 9.5:1 or so. Get some heads, some machine work on the block and crank....and presto, 340 Dart.
Might also want to get the specs on the cam that's in it.

-
Back