looking for lost 340 engine

-
K

karengarneau

hi: New at this but here goes.
looking for my numbers matching engine block to my 69 gts. vin #LS27P9B440932.
have owned car since late 1991(dec.) IIRC. It's last tag was 1978 Illinois. Car had over 100,000 on odometer. engine was removed and never reunited for what reason I don't know.
The man that sold me the car owned it for appox. 10 years and couldn't even recall where he purchased it. At the time I was just happy to be able to buy it. I know it's like looking for a winning loto ticket but what the hell. Hoping someone out there can help make another MOPAR complete again.

Thanks any help much appreciated.

Do u know where in Illinois. I live in South central il. I have a 340 engine in mine but it's not that year. But I do have a few friends that have some 340s

I have been looking for the 340 out of my 69 Dart GTS convertible since I bought it in Indiana in 1995. LS27P9B306021 and still have not found it. All I can say is good luck to both of us, I live in Illinois and check every 340 that has been for sale in the Illinois and Indiana for the last 30 years.

Do u know where in Illinois. I live in South central il. I have a 340 engine in mine but it's not that year. But I do have a few friends that have some 340s
yes I remember it was in rural Canton Illinois. The dude who sold the car could only recall that he got the car near a lake.(not much to go on). It did have Illinois tags on it and I believe I still have them. Wonder if one could contact the DMV and track down the previous owner. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-
Back