looking for New Jersey Mopar shop

-

loyal0ne

Reaction score
anyone know of a shop in NJ that specializes in Mopar performance or just general mechanics. Specifically looking for someone to give advice and quote for replacing rear end, and or differential and other odds and ends that i can't do myself.

located in Central NJ, so closer the better.

Thanks.

we aren't an actual business but djvcuda and i have done allot of work on mopars in the s.jersey area.. a rear or diff swap is a pretty simple job depending on what exactly you want.... what kinds of other odds and ends are you looking to have done??

I use Joey T's Racing Motors in North East NJ, Little Ferry, NJ 201-440-6622.
He does it all and great work, takes his time though. Prices a little higher than average, but you get it done right the first time. Tell him Tony Mazza sent you.

located in Central NJ - Hillsborough to be exact. i'm a newbie to the whole muscle car scene and dont have a lot of experience. i would rather help someone, who knows what their doing, on my car with doing these bigger projects. i consider a bigger project anything more than bolt on - ekk, hehe.

for the rear i know i have an 8.25 inch open rear with (i think) 2.45s in right now. was looking to put in a 3.55 geared suregrip - my problem is i have NO idea where to start and what to buy. from doing some research i think im going to need a new carrier? but doing i just buy the gears and the carrier? this is where the newbie part comes in...

other odds and ends include down the line taking out the 318 and putting in a 340/360. but im not familiar with what is needed to match certain engines to certain trannys, etc.

like i said, bolt ons im good, but i guess i'm just looking for a mentor...

i

guess i scared you guys off with that one...

AbodyJoe and DJVcuda - any interest in what i stated in the previous post??? I can pay to have something installed, but i'd like to help out and learn at same time...

AbodyJoe and DJVcuda - any interest in what i stated in the previous post??? I can pay to have something installed, but i'd like to help out and learn at same time...

i'm sure dave and i could help you out... i can't do the gears be know a guy that would come over and do it... not too sure what exactly you need though.. like you said the carrier needs to be changed.. not sure if there is a difference in the housing. i seem to remember hearing that you need to do some grinding for clearance...

the motor swap is cake.

i'm a good 40 minutes from trenton area...20 minutes north of Princeton. Once i get the steering issue worked out(in the middle of replacing the coupler and/or the whole box to reduce slack/play), the car is driveable - outside of some rust issues on quarters and fenders that i'm disecting.

i know a guy in New Egypt, NJ that has a "hot rod 360" - here was his reply to an add he had on Craigslist 'hot rod 360 in a 84 fury police package - 60 over - ballanced - cam - ported heads - headers - 650 holley on aluminum intake - msd ign - motor was built by RHS in memphis tenn. can hear run also'. it sounds tempting, my problem is that i dont ahve the experience to knwo if this is a good motor or not. He also has a '77 New Yorker - 440 with 727 he is looking to get rid of...if you guys are interested...

hard to say about the 360 with out knowing more about the combo... .060 id pretty far if you ask me. says a cam.. well a stock motors have cams..lol what specs. ported heads.. what heads are they. only a 650 holley.. the guy really leaves allot of info out of the add....

what kind of car you working on? what are you looking to get out of it?

I have a 1972 Duster. Was originally a /6 - automatic. Now a 318(edlebrock performer package, cam, intake - 4 speed manual and a 8.25 open rear with BBP. Car was 'cheaply' restored about 10 years ago i'd say. I see some bondo spots as well as patch panels that are rusting through. it was painted again also(on top of original paint). I plan to have the whole exterior sodablasted and start from scratch. i can hold my own with welding and plan to repair most of the body myself.

The whole car will be a learning experience for me. I know the car will never be showcar quality - but if i can get it nice enough to drive to a local cruise night and feel proud, that'll be good enough for me. Powerwise, i'd like it to have some decent pull for a V8 muscle car - if i were to get it into the 13's in a 1/4 mile, i'd be happy. Right now i know it's no where near that. my turbo vw gti would pull on this car any day of the week(although it is pushing 20psi).

regarding the gentleman selling the 360, ill give him a call and try to find out more information on it and report back.

here are some pics of the car as it is right now:
899f_1.jpg

899f_1.jpg

899f_1.jpg

This question kind of goes along with this thread. But this question may be specifically geared towards abodyjoe! I'm in the process of doing my entire suspension system and brakes. Do you Joe, or anyone else in the south jersey area know of a good shop to get a front end alignment done? I'm not sure if there is a difference between a modern car and our babies but I want to make sure I take it to a place where they know what they're doing! BTW, I'm in Mt. Laurel. Thanks!

This question kind of goes along with this thread. But this question may be specifically geared towards abodyjoe! I'm in the process of doing my entire suspension system and brakes. Do you Joe, or anyone else in the south jersey area know of a good shop to get a front end alignment done? I'm not sure if there is a difference between a modern car and our babies but I want to make sure I take it to a place where they know what they're doing! BTW, I'm in Mt. Laurel. Thanks!

hammonton ford. ask for tom cangelosi. tell him abodyjoe told you about him. he is a good friend of mine ( he does all my transmissions too) he is the only one i let touch the front end of my car. has done my cars for years. he is real anal about it which i like.

301 South White Horse Pike
Hammonton, NJ 08037
(609) 561-8899

loyal0ne,
don'tcha know that when the owner helps out the price goes up substantially? Gotta pay the fee for gettin' in the way! :toothy10::toothy10:

anyone know of a shop in NJ that specializes in Mopar performance or just general mechanics. Specifically looking for someone to give advice and quote for replacing rear end, and or differential and other odds and ends that i can't do myself.

located in Central NJ, so closer the better.

Thanks.

There Jacks Mopar on Route 9 outside of Freehold ... you dont know about his shop? He's one of the biggest in the country ... he advertises in Mopar Collectors Guide ...usually a full page spread ....

Theres a guy in Hackensack NJ ... Barry Lyster race cars ... Does a lot of Mopars .... Great guy ... And does great work for a good price ... 201 489 9633 ... Ask for Barry

-
Back